PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernard L'ermite BIAB crash - 11/21/15 06:41 PM
Hi there! smile

I decided to explore the Loops side of BIAB today. I watched the tutorial video and it is simple enough. I was able to assign various loops to various parts, generate and playback. Life was good. cool

The video also showed how to import Apple Loops. I thought "Great! So many more Loops to choose from!". So I went on the app store and purchased GarageBand and MainStage and downloaded all the Apple Loops content. Finder now tells me my Apple Loops folder contains 20 378 elements. It's Loops galore! crazy

So now I open BIAB, open the Loops window. I see ALL the loops. Awesome! smile I choose one, click Audition and it plays back. But now when I choose one (any loop, even the PG Music WAV ones) and click OK BIAB crashes. shocked

So I updated to build 106 but still no luck. frown
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB crash - 11/21/15 09:37 PM
David,

Do you see any error message when the crash happens? What software is crashing, Mac operating system or Band in a Box?

The pc version of BiaB requires for loops to be installed in the bb/loops sub folder before BiaB will recognize the audio file as a loop. Is that also true for the Mac version of BiaB?

The pc version of BiaB will automatically create an error report and email the report to PG Music support if you permit it. Does the Mac version have a similiar feature?

Finally, you mention you updated to version 106 and the issues still happens. Try closing BiaB then shut down and turn off the computer for a little more than a minute. Then power up the computer, start BiaB and try loading a loop again. Sometimes a program update will not work completely until the computer has gone completely through a power cycle. Sometimes just a warm start is not enough.
Posted By: Bernard L'ermite Re: BIAB crash - 11/22/15 10:15 AM
Hey I've got an update:

I removed two of the Apple Loops subfolders from the Loops folder and now it works fine!

Could it be there were too many files? I tried adding them back and BIAB still crashes. Remove again, everything is fine again!

Could also be that there is something BIAB doesn't like in that particle folder...
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB crash - 11/22/15 05:56 PM
David,

I agree with you that there is most likely a maximum limit. I first said 999 but know that's wrong because BiaB ships with 1,000 loops so, if there is a ceiling as you and I suspect the ceiling has to be higher than 1,000.

I do try to manage the number of loops in the loops folder to just the loops I think I may use in a song project. Once a project is finished, I copy the loops I used into the song folder so if I ever return to the project, the raw materials remain available.
Posted By: John Marcos Re: BIAB crash - 12/13/15 08:37 AM
Originally Posted By: DavidL
Hey I've got an update:

I removed two of the Apple Loops subfolders from the Loops folder and now it works fine!

Could it be there were too many files? I tried adding them back and BIAB still crashes. Remove again, everything is fine again!

Could also be that there is something BIAB doesn't like in that particle folder...

Hi David

I am still experiencing the crashes.

What did you do EXACTLY to have everything running with the Apple Loops?

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Regards,
John Marcos

PS: Have you made more progress meanwhile?
© PG Music Forums