PG Music Home
Posted By: NLAALN BIAB revisited - somes questions - 11/27/15 12:02 PM
Hi all, got a presales question...

somewhere in the late 90s, I bought a Windows-version of the then-current BIAB to easily create accompaniments. I didn't really get into it at the time because I couldn't find a way to make the instruments in my tracks sound "good" (that is, realistic). However, the version I was using then only did MIDI and no digital audio. I reckon that's changed over the years and with the current choice in sample libraries, it should be a piece of cake to get a great sound of BIAB.

I am now planning on buying the 2015 NAC version (MegaPAK or UltraPlusPak, prolly) and basically, here's what I want to do: use the BIAB styles to create songs based on my own chord progressions, play them with the sounds of some good sample libraries (Superior Dummer, NI's Session Horns) and ouput them to audio files.

Is this possible ? Any and all tips, pointers, tutorials are most welcome. I did try a forum search, but soon got lost in the sheer amount of info, so bear with me... Thanks in advance !
Posted By: babarton Re: BIAB revisited - somes questions - 11/27/15 01:05 PM
NLAALN,

First off, welcome to the BIAB forum. I'm assuming you're on the Mac platform now. It sounds to me like you'd be best off to "drag and drop" your BIAB creation into another DAW (I use Logic). BIAB can output either midi or audio ("real tracks") or a mix of the two. If you want some tutorials, look at PG Music's YouTube channel, or look under the support tab on their website. Searching the forum for instruction is probably not going to get you going to start with.

Good luck,

Bruce
Posted By: NLAALN Re: BIAB revisited - somes questions - 11/27/15 04:59 PM
Thanks babarton for your fast and clear reply - I knew here's a welcome bunch ;-).

I did indeed switch to the Mac platform - took some getting used to but it's a relief no longer having to worry about what's going on under the hood.

So, it does seem that BIAB will offer what I need, after all.

Any other tips ? What sample libraries do you people recommend for finalizing BIAB songs in a DAW ?
Posted By: solidrock Re: BIAB revisited - somes questions - 11/28/15 04:26 AM
You don't need any sample libraries if you are using RealTracks but if you want to use midi then there is a great 50% OFF deal on now for Kontakt http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=320821

PS. So you don't miss the blue screens and viruses from win.
© PG Music Forums