PG Music Home
Hi Guys,

I read a post saying that the MAC version is almost catching up to the windows version - are they NOT the same confused

My question is regarding : Band In a Box 2016 (audiophile edition)

Q - What can the WINDOWS version do , that the MAC version Cannot do ?
..., (ie ; in the way of increased features, or performance)

It is only little things, nothing major lacking since the MacBB now takes plugings.
The performance would be the sames as they both run in ram.
It depends on what you want to use it for live accompaniment, backing tracks, producing, practice. . .
The is no RealBand that comes with the win version at the moment.
Audiophile is a good way to go.

Thanks for replying Journeyman.

Is there a list somewhere of what those ' little differences are' between the MAC and Windows versions "
and ..,
Do you know what sample rate and bit rate those uncompressed AIFF files are in BIAB Audiophile edition ? (eg;24bit - 96 kHz)

My Intended Use With BIAB Is ..........,
I have a small studio where I do a lot of my own songwriting and composing with Pro Tools (and Cubase for it's Midi features) .
I also record Bands and Songwriters who perform their own original music.

B.I.A.B will play a very minor role for me in this department ..,

..., but my real plans are to increase my (paying) customer base by offering Karaoke Kings, Bathroom Divas , or Hobbyist Singers (ie: without a band, and who cannot afford to hire session musicians )
..., to have the opportunity to record their Vocals (showcase them) in a studio environment, and offer those proposed new clients a cheaper cost solution by creating their backing tracks from using Band in a Box.

With this plan , I could complete decent sounding B.I.A.B backing track for these clients in a fraction of the time and exporting those individual tracks out of B.I.A B to then be loaded up into Pro Tools .., where they can then concentrate on recording their VOCALS , then I Mix the final result.

I live in a SE Asian tourist area and paying local customers are scarce. I am hoping this can also add to paying my bills. Also one or two singers on holidays is also easier to put up with a band stinking , drinking , and messing up my studio.

Another use for me is to have the option to push out 'post' audio mixes more quick and easy.
"I also record Bands and Songwriters who perform their own original music."
That's basically what I use it for, just adding some extra instruments to a live set now.

They are are 16/44, they would have been recorded @ a higher rate then downsampled.
BB is perfect for doing what you want, you won't be disappoint.
As said before you have got a 30 day money back offer.

You shouldn't have any problems dragging to PT, there is an older version video below with GB and PT.

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
"I also record Bands and Songwriters who perform their own original music."
That's basically what I use it for, just adding some extra instruments to a live set now.

They are are 16/44, they would have been recorded @ a higher rate then downsampled.
BB is perfect for doing what you want, you won't be disappoint.
As said before you have got a 30 day money back offer.

You shouldn't have any problems dragging to PT, there is an older version video below with GB and PT.

Big thank you again Pipeline , I have been going hard on the video watching yesterday it is good to see it in action.

I still have to see if anyone has had success using AVID interfaces ?
.., as the AVID core audio driver has not functioned correctly since Mavericks frown

AVIDs response to a fix has been pathetic (although AVID do claim to have a fix soon , but thats like asking "how long is a piece of string")

There has been some programs not work since this 2.5 year long AVID core audio driver debacle like .., My Native Instruments Hardware related stuff and my Triumph Audifile mastering software not working.

This where my concern with BIAB stems from wink .., I also know the answer is to dump the AVID interface (which I surely will eventually) as I have already outgrown it and it doesnt provide the input numbers I need these days anyway .., but I need to save up as I want the new focusrite RED 8pre and it aint cheap ( it also has Dante) .., so I will need to save at least another 6 mths + before making that move.

cheers smile
© PG Music Forums