PG Music Home
Posted By: bellini DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/06/16 10:37 AM
DS al Coda symbols not printing correctly in Sierra ... 1st 2nd endings print OK, and Segno symbol OK.
However, the Coda symbol is replaced by a large "Fl".

Attempted to select "other" fonts in print option, but that just crashes the programme.

Occurred on Build 143 ... updated to Build 146 ... no change.

Attached picture Coda Misprint 2.png
Attached picture Coda Misprint 1.png
Posted By: w Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/06/16 02:47 PM
Interesting.

Could you tell me the song you have shown us that shows the misprinting. i would like to check that out here in my macOS Sierra/Mac Band in a Box 2016.
Posted By: bellini Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/06/16 09:48 PM
The song is an arrangement of "You Go to mMy Head" that I have modified with repeats and DS etc to get it to print on one page as a lead sheet.

It prints fine from the old Windows Biab version 11, which I run under Parallels, but fails miserably Mac 2016 version.

I've attached a dropbox link to the .MGU which you can download if you wish (I tried it downloading from the link ,,, no problems.

Can't upload MGU files to this forum, I'm afraid ...

I've tried other MGUs ... same result in Sierra/Mac 2016

Sierra is 10.12.1 level, and Biab 2016 is build 146

Thanks for your interest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ulysxzykbxs1yy/You%20Go%20To%20My%20Head.MGU?dl=0
Posted By: w Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/07/16 12:53 AM
i get a

"That file isn’t here anymore
Someone might’ve deleted the file or disabled the link. "

try uploading thru zippyshare.com ( a free uploading site ) and posting the link here

thank you very much
Posted By: bellini Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/07/16 09:42 PM
OK ... try this ....

You Go To My Head.MGU
http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/GYdamk3l/file.html

Also put it back in Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2f1jh4ub85tb1g/You%20Go%20To%20My%20Head.MGU?dl=0
Posted By: w Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/09/16 11:49 AM
Thanks. That's a great job you did with this number.

In addition to your discovery when i bring up the lead sheet window there are " missing " letters ( for a lack of a better explanation ). Hope the screen shot makes it clear.

There are obviously some graphical glitches that the PG team hopefully will address/correct soon.

For greater certainty this is happening in macOS Sierra .

Attached picture myS Shot 2016-11-09 at 7.45.56 AM.png
I doubt it's a Sierra related issue. I am running BIAB 146 on El Capitan 10.11.6. I downloaded your .MGU file from Dropbox and see the same results (as you attached above) for the Coda symbols.

I tried DS al Coda on a new test file and got the same results. Broken.

(The missing letters in Title sub-fields can be easily fixed by just re-entering the missing letters.)
Posted By: w Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/12/16 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: tsimpson

(The missing letters in Title sub-fields can be easily fixed by just re-entering the missing letters.)

true, my post pointed out a graphical glitch that PG tech crew should address in the next update patch
I guess that you have reported to PG Music so they are aware?
Hello bellini,

Thank you for your post. We have reported your findings to our developers for their attention. They will take a look at how the DS al Coda symbols are displaying in Band-in-a-Box 2016 as soon as possible.
Posted By: bellini Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 11/28/16 11:24 PM
Thank you all very much for your responses. Very encouraging! (But I'd expect no less from Mac users :}

I shall await the Biab gnomes to address the issue(s) raised.

Mr Mags ... I've done some chord arrangement tuning on the original file I posted if you are interested.

http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/HLVfIh3j/file.html

You are also correct re the other graphical glitches ....

Ciao
Posted By: bellini Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 06/26/17 06:38 AM
OK ... 2017 version for Mac appears to have fixed the failure to print symbols, and chopping off the first letter of the name etc.

Thanks for that.
Posted By: jazzsax Re: DS al Coda symbols misprinting in Sierra - 06/26/17 07:55 PM
I don't know about you guys but when I go to the zipppyshare site listed Several times above, first of all I cannot get "You go to my head".
What I do get when I hit the back arrow to get out of the site is a warning that my iPad has 6 viruses. WTF has happened twice.
© PG Music Forums