PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul DAW Plug In Mode. - 01/30/17 12:15 PM
So, What Exactly is DAW plug in mode and how dose it work? I have never used it before.
Posted By: babarton Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 01/31/17 12:11 AM
It's used to drag and drop a song into your DAW. So you make a BIAB song, then drag the "combo" to the "Drag and Drop" area. Once the song is generated, the drag and drop region will turn green. Now you can invoke DAW mode, which will make BIAB shrink down small on your screen. Then from the green "Drag and Drop" area, you drag your song into your DAW (like Garageband or Logic). It's best to set the tempo and song key in your DAW prior to dragging into the DAW. Now your DAW program will create a track for each BIAB track, and all the BIAB song is now in your DAW program. Try it - works like a charm for me! Once you're done with this, you can quit DAW mode, and BIAB goes back to it's full size again.

Bruce
Posted By: Guitartist Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 01/31/17 05:15 PM
Babarton pretty much covered everything, but I would just add that you can drag both MIDI and audio files to your desktop or directly into your DAW, which is the way I like to do it. Also, you can drag the entire band, which will create individual tracks in your DAW, drag an individual track, drag the entire composition, or select only the specific bars that you want to drag & drop. This video should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuAP5gjp_-8

Ron
Posted By: TomMcCarthy Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 01/31/17 10:35 PM
Previously when I dragged over the file into Logic 10 a box would pop up asking if I wanted to use BIB tempo or the DAW tempo. But now Ive noticed it doesn't ask that anymore. And now I noticed that when I change the tempo in Logic it doesn't adjust. Any ideas?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/01/17 03:47 AM
Try Audio > Render

Attached picture BB_Mac_Acidize.png
Posted By: babarton Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/01/17 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: TomMcCarthy
Previously when I dragged over the file into Logic 10 a box would pop up asking if I wanted to use BIB tempo or the DAW tempo. But now Ive noticed it doesn't ask that anymore. And now I noticed that when I change the tempo in Logic it doesn't adjust. Any ideas?

Yeah, I've found I have to set the tempo and key BEFORE dragging - would be neat if it would ask like that!

Bruce
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/01/17 10:46 AM
As mentioned above - audio > render

You can render all the tracks in one operation into a file folder and drag them from there to your DAW to a previously created track or let the BiaB file create the track when drug in. It's also easy to select the file type and mono/stereo from this option.

Often when I'm comping tracks particularly solos and want to move six versions of the same RT this method is very efficient.

Bud
Posted By: Pipeline Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/01/17 05:23 PM
The 2017 version should have a popup drag option with write Acid and Apple info.

Attached picture BB_DROP.jpg
Posted By: Island Soul Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/07/17 11:28 AM
Originally Posted By: babarton
It's used to drag and drop a song into your DAW. So you make a BIAB song, then drag the "combo" to the "Drag and Drop" area. Once the song is generated, the drag and drop region will turn green. Now you can invoke DAW mode, which will make BIAB shrink down small on your screen. Then from the green "Drag and Drop" area, you drag your song into your DAW (like Garageband or Logic). It's best to set the tempo and song key in your DAW prior to dragging into the DAW. Now your DAW program will create a track for each BIAB track, and all the BIAB song is now in your DAW program. Try it - works like a charm for me! Once you're done with this, you can quit DAW mode, and BIAB goes back to it's full size again.

Bruce

So, I don't need to have the the each file already bouced as an individual .wav file? I can take a file that is already stored into iTunes drag it into the drag and drop area and BIAB takes care of the rest of it?
Posted By: Reed Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/08/17 08:04 AM
My Drag and Drop area is just Blue with no text in it.
Drag and Drop is not functioning either.
I watched the 'How To' video on You Tube.
Just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Maybe I'm outdated? Check signature.
Thanks
Posted By: babarton Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/08/17 10:31 AM
Originally Posted By: islansoul

So, I don't need to have the the each file already bouced as an individual .wav file? I can take a file that is already stored into iTunes drag it into the drag and drop area and BIAB takes care of the rest of it?

I'm not completely sure I'm understanding what you are asking here. The file needs to be opened in BIAB, and dragged into the "Drag and Drop Area" from within BIAB. I don't think you can use an external file (like a .wav file) in this manner.

Bruce
Posted By: babarton Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/08/17 10:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Reed
My Drag and Drop area is just Blue with no text in it.
Drag and Drop is not functioning either.
I watched the 'How To' video on You Tube.
Just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Maybe I'm outdated? Check signature.
Thanks

I'm not sure Drag and Drop was even implemented back in 2010, so it may be that your version does not support this feature.

Bruce
Posted By: Pipeline Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/08/17 10:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Reed
My Drag and Drop area is just Blue.....

The Win version is different to the Mac at the moment, have a look in DAW Plugin Mode Options.

Posted By: Island Soul Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/17/17 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
The 2017 version should have a popup drag option with write Acid and Apple info.

Pipeline, the Mac version is still 2016.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/17/17 01:51 PM
At this point, I'm still confused about the DAW mode and I'd rather just do it the same way I normally bounce my songs which is to into File>File Utilites>render song to audio and render both the individual audio tracks and they entire song
as a .WAV file.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: DAW Plug In Mode. - 02/17/17 05:42 PM
Yes I still have BBMac 2016 but 2017 should have that added when it is released, shortly I hope as they seem to be releasing it early each year to try to catch up with release date of BBWin.
© PG Music Forums