PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Help using Real Tracks and Voicings - 02/24/17 04:51 PM
Guys and Gals please help me out here:
I want to know if it is possible to have assign specific voicings to Real Tracks in Band-in-a-Box. The reason I am asking this is because I have a piano chord sheet that has a specified layout of how the chords are supposed to be played. In the chart, the chords are G, C, D, Em in which G uses the root posision, C uses the second inversion (G,C,E), D uses the first inversion (F#, D, A,) and the Em uses the first inversion (g, b, e). Is it possible for me to have assign these inversions to the chords and have the Real Tracks play them?
Posted By: Matcham Re: Help using Real Tracks and Voicings - 02/26/17 01:30 AM
That's a good question. You can certainly enter slash chords to at least get the right note (inversion) in the bass position, but what you are really asking I think is whether BIAB follows normal piano voice leading. Someone will know.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Help using Real Tracks and Voicings - 02/26/17 01:08 PM
Simple answer - no.

More thorough and complex answer - BAIB and RC's don't work that way. So, No.

But not to leave you hangin. The ability to set chord voicing is really just a midi thing. I have had some good success with programs such as EZKeys to voice piano chords exactly as desired and Kontact's Session Guitarist will play a strummed chord pattern with any voicing you play on the keyboard. I love both this apps which give you 100% control over voicings.
© PG Music Forums