PG Music Home
Posted By: SarasotaSam Favorite Patches? - 03/09/17 03:53 PM
I have searched the manual and forums and have not found anyway to create my own list of favorite patches. Not matter what I do the favorite's list remains the same:

1. Acoustic Piano
5. Electric Piano #1
25. Nylon String Guitar
ect.
ect.

I would rather not drill down through all the menus to select the patch I want.

HELP PLEASE - Sam
Posted By: JayO Re: Favorite Patches? - 03/09/17 11:04 PM
Alright, the quick and dirty procedure is like this ...

Case 1- You don't know the general MIDI patch #'s for the instruments you want for favorites

1- Go to the "Options" menu select "MIDI Settings"
2- Click the "View GS Map" button, you will see a map of general MIDI patch #'s (first picture)
3- Make a note of what instruments you want for your favorites, and the corresponding #'s from that chart.
4- Click on the GS map to close that window, and click the "Cancel" button on the MIDI Settings window to close that one.

Case 2- You do already know the general MIDI patch #'s for the instruments you want for favorites

5- Go to "Options" menu and select "MIDI Patch maps etc."> "Set favorite patches/Combos"
6- You will see the window in the second picture.
7- Enter the numbers you noted earlier next to each instrument in the list, click OK when you're finished.

You can enter a 10 favorites for each instrument.

Hope this is at least somewhat clear.

- Jay

Posted By: SarasotaSam Re: Favorite Patches? - 03/10/17 01:48 PM
Thank you Jay - I have tried what you wrote before and my selections are not showing up in the favorite patches. I even restarted the app.

Here is what I have done on my 2015 BIAB Mac version.

Set favorite patches/Combos
Choose Melody
Select #54 Vocal Oohs

#54 does not show up in the favorite patches list even after restart.

Sam
Posted By: JayO Re: Favorite Patches? - 03/10/17 07:57 PM
Hmmm, that's strange.
You could try moving the contents of the folder /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Preferences temporarily to the trash (don't empty it though).
This will reset your preferences to the factory defaults.

Then re-launch BIAB and see if the changes stick.

Also, are you logged in on an admin account ?
Maybe BIAB doesn't have the permissions to access the prefs folder in your account ?
Just a wild guess though.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
© PG Music Forums