PG Music Home
Posted By: Phestus Parallels and Windows - 04/09/17 04:16 AM
I just bought a new 27 inch iMac and had Parallels 12 and Windows 10 installed on it. Tonight I installed BIAB 2016 for Windows on the Mac in the Windows partition. My reason for making this change was a latency problemwith BIAB on the PC. I have never had latency problems on the Mac and was hoping by bringing BIAB for Windows over to the Mac, I would get away from the latency problem. No such luck. Is this a problem with BIAB in general, or does the Mac version of BIAB installed on a Mac also have latency problems. If that is not a problem, then it must be just the version for PC that causes problems. Has anyone been able to solve the problem under either of these situations? If so, please tell me how to do it. I would like to be able to make full use of BAIB, but right now I am completely unable to record keyboard or guitar with it. It is a great piece of software so I hope I am able to correct the situation and make some headway with recording. I sure hope someone can give me a solution for this head scratcher. Many thanks....

Phestus
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Parallels and Windows - 04/09/17 06:26 AM
I can't remember what the audio situation was with the audio if I had to use ASIO4ALL or Steinberg Generic Low Latency DirectX ??
Is RealBand running ok ?
"unable to record keyboard or guitar" is that midi on the keyboard or audio out ?
Posted By: Phestus Re: Parallels and Windows - 04/09/17 07:29 PM
Hello Pipeline,

Just got through checking Real Band, and the same problem shows up there. I have an M-Audio M-Track and I think I will try to figure out how to use it and see if it will make any difference. I was hoping to be able to use all my music software/hardware on one computer, the Mac, but I'm not sure that will be possible. I would think that somewhere there is a solution to this situation. I'll keep looking and hope I find something or someone has a solution they can share with me. Wish me luck, and thanks for the quick reply. So far I have only checked MIDI. I'll work on audio next.

Thanks Again,

Phestus
© PG Music Forums