PG Music Home
Can someone show me how to make a click track in BIAB 2016? Just a click-track by itself.

I would like to make one inside of Biab, instead of a MIDI click to drag into Pro Tools.

I did a search and could locate how to make one on this platform, nor does the manual explain. I've made one before but can't remember how to do it again..
Well, I know it's not exactly a click track, but in the preferences you can set "Metronome while recording" and that will give you a click with whatever instrument you've chosen for your lead-in.

I know it's not exactly what you asked, but off the top of my head, I'd say that would be the easiest way.
I've never used a dedicated click track when recording in BIAB myself.

Usually I pick a drum track (usually MIDI), something that's close to the feel I want.
Then I decide later if I want to keep the simple MIDI beat or find a better sounding RealTrack for drums.

If you right-click on the patch name of the drum track in the mixer, and go to "select custom MIDI style", then hit the "presets" button you will find a list of pretty simple MIDI drum beats based on existing styles.

There are even a couple of straight metronome settings in there, but again I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for either.

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
Firmflange,

There are several metronome styles (Metronm1, Metronm2, etc.) in the utility section of the Style Picker. These may be what you're looking for.

Bruce
JayO and babarton....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU babarton, that was what I was looking for. Tech support suggested JayO's idea, but I knew it was in there somewhere! smile
Glad to hear you've got it sorted Firmflange.

Yeah, BIAB can be really deep sometimes, and many times there can be several different ways to accomplish what you're trying to do.
I'm glad you were able to find the method that you wanted.

- Jay
Glad to be of some help around here sometimes! I've absorbed plenty of help from others here over the years, nice to "pay it back". cool
© PG Music Forums