PG Music Home
Posted By: David Tee Magnet and BIAB - 05/06/17 06:10 AM
Been ages since I used BIAB but BIAB for Mac 2017 looked way too good to pass up. I'm slowly finding my way round things and enjoying every second of it.

One request, though. Mac's windows features are poor at the best of times, so I use an app called Magnet which gives me huge and instant flexibility to line up windows side by side etc. In this case that currently means the manual on the left and the program on the right. To date, Magnet has worked with all my Mac programs with the exception of anything from Adobe (what a surprise!), but unfortunately it doesn't work with BIAB for Mac either. I presume that most software engineers never stopped for one second to consider whether their program would work with Magnet so there must be something about adopting standard settings for a program that makes Magnet work.

It's a small request but it would be brilliant if BIAB for Mac could have those same settings.
Posted By: David Tee Re: Magnet and BIAB - 12/14/17 07:56 AM
Apologies if I bump this again.

It might be worthwhile pointing out that Magnet has featured in the Top 5 paid for apps on the mac app store for well over a year (and for all I know much longer than that). So, there's a lot of people there with - which, given OSX's poor windows management isn't too surprising.

It's such a simple way to organise windows on a mac - it's be great if BIAB could work with it.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Magnet and BIAB - 12/14/17 11:27 PM
Hi David,

Your request may receive more viewership and support if posted in the +++ Band-in-a-Box Wishlist +++ section of the forum.

While your request is specific to the Band-in-a-Box for Mac program I don't know if feature requests get noticed here as much as requests are noticed in the Wishlist.
Posted By: David Tee Re: Magnet and BIAB - 12/15/17 10:27 PM
Thanks Jim - I'll do that.
© PG Music Forums