PG Music Home
Hi,

The last time I used BIAB, everything is working fine. Today, when I run it, it just would not continue after showing the splash screen. I tried reinstalling but it did not fix the problem.

Please help!!!

Thanks.
After several attempts, I noticed that it will also continue after several minutes (5 mins or so) which is unusual. Sometimes it will crash in the middle of using it. I don't know what happened. I can't remember doing something unusual to make it behave like this. frown
I don't know if this is the problem. I tried waiting for BIAB to start after showing the splash screen (i.e., BIAB banner when loading the app). This message appeared:

RealTracks not found: (Style)(Set #300) 2808 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SoulPop 16thsMike Ev16 065

This is one of the instruments I used in the project I'm working on. However, when I open the project using this, it's working fine.

What am I missing? I already reset to factory setting but it did not solve the problem. I will take about 5 minutes for BIAB to load.
Do you run your Realtracks from and external USB drive? If so, I wonder if you need to set the path under "Preferences | Realtracks".... especially so if you returned to factory settings.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Do you run your Realtracks from and external USB drive? If so, I wonder if you need to set the path under "Preferences | Realtracks".... especially so if you returned to factory settings.

My BIAB is installed on my hard drive. I think the "real tracks not found" issue is a separate thing. When I tried loading another song and restarted BIAB, the problem is still the same. It will start in about 5 minutes.

I was able to resolve the issue, at last! First, I looked at the log file and noticed that it indicated only about 4 to 7 seconds to load BIAB. Then I thought, it is something outside BIAB. I remember that I have jBridge installed so I uninstall it. But when I run BIAB, still the same. Then I reinstalled jBridge again. Then everything is back to normal.

My assumption is, it could be one of my plugins that caused the problem. Though, it could be jBridge also. I really don't know but I'm glad I can use BIAB normally again.

Thanks.
Yes, plugins can cause the system to hang. The only way (that I know of at least) to see if that is the case is to either remove them or add them one at a time until the problem vst is isolated. If it only happened recently, it sounds like a recently added plugins might have been the problem.
I agree.

Tough my problem on long loading is gone. The issue on the missing realtrack is still a puzzle to me. The yellow warning appears when I load the song but the song plays alright using the same realtrack.
© PG Music Forums