PG Music Home
Posted By: Music2go4 Rendering failed - 05/29/17 02:23 PM
Rendering not working here. Rainbow spinning wheel appeared. When BIAB 2017 first installed, it was working fine, then subsequent rendering failed. Hoping for new update soon. Also noticed mixer not behaving well... can't save setting. Wish floating mixer should be an option like before. Thanks
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Rendering failed - 05/30/17 02:40 PM
Hi,

There is a floating mixer window available with control+M, or click the Mixer 'tab' when in full screen mode.

I did some testing with Rendering and I'm not experiencing any problems. Do you have Build 175 installed there? Perhaps you can describe the specific steps you are doing to render? Also, see if it happens only with one particular song, or with any song (e.g. load in a demo song from the StylePicker and try rendering it).

You could try returning to factory settings. There are a few ways to do this. Here is one way:
1 - Close Band-in-a-Box
2 - Go into your Band-in-a-Box folder, and duplicate the Preferences folder (click on it and press command+D). Rename the duplicate Preferences_old. This is just a backup of your old settings files in case you want to revert back.
3 - Now go into the Preferences and delete all the files in there.
4 - Launch Band-in-a-Box.
Posted By: Music2go4 Re: Rendering failed - 06/01/17 05:03 AM
Hi Andrew, I tried your instruction but did not work--- rendering failed. Can I send you the file I am trying to render? I tried my previous files, it works. I also tried demo files to render to aiff file but forces to save to wav files. Weird?
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Rendering failed - 06/01/17 02:10 PM
Yes, you could send the file in to support@pgmusic.com and refer to this forum thread. A link to download the file (e.g. a dropbox link) would also work.

Can you describe the steps and settings you are using to render, because there are a few different ways to do it. The way I'm doing it is I click on the "WAV" button in the toolbar and select "Render tracks to audio with options". In the Render dialog I have Full Mix / aiff / auto channels selected, and click Render.
Posted By: Music2go4 Re: Rendering failed - 06/03/17 01:52 PM
Hi Andrew,

I just sent the file to PGsupport.

What I am trying to render is not the full mix rendering of the song but individual track rendering--i.e., guitar track, bass track, drum track, etc. The usual procedure that i usually do, just like before in previous versions of BIAB, is to go to DAW mode and then drag and drop each track to i.e., AIFF or MIDI so that I can export the files and do the final mixing in Logic Pro. What is happening this time is that after dragging the track, the spinning rainbow wheel will appear and a message says rendering failed even with the latest update.

Thanks
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Rendering failed - 06/05/17 04:50 PM
Hi, Thanks for sending the file.

The issue seems to be caused by the forward slash in the song's title. So you can fix this by removing the slash or replacing it with a different character like an underscore.
Posted By: Music2go4 Re: Rendering failed - 06/07/17 05:34 AM
Hi Andrew,
Forward slash removed and renamed the song file... finally..... fixed! Super Thanks... smile
© PG Music Forums