PG Music Home
Posted By: Matcham Drag midi file into DAW - 06/17/17 10:20 PM
Hi I'm currently trying to drag a midi file into Logic Pro having successfully dragged all the aiff files across in the usual way. The midi file just won't budge. The 'drop' section doesn't want to recognise it. I've done it a thousand times before using previous versions of BIAB (I have 2017). Am I missing something?
Posted By: Tonio Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 06/18/17 01:06 AM
So you can't drag it to the MIDI drop box?

I had an issue dragging over MIDI also. No problem dragging to the MIDI drop box, I then dragged it to the desktop from MIDI drop box, then in to DP(DAW) and it was fine. Cannot drag directly from MIDI drop box to DAW or Garageband at all.

On BIAB 2017
Posted By: Matcham Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 06/18/17 04:40 AM
Hmmm you too. Only in my case exporting to desktop as an interim step didn't work either. I've put in a ticket with support. I'll let you know what they say.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 06/18/17 06:04 AM
I found I needed to freeze the track then drag to drop zone when using a "custom midi" track, you could try that.
Col
Posted By: Matcham Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 06/18/17 06:37 PM
Cool thanks! Worked. It is a custom midi track. At least that'll keep the project progressing while the PG peeps sort it out.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 06/18/17 08:08 PM
Have reported it to the "peeps" smile
Liked the "sounds" on your link.
Posted By: Matcham Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 06/19/17 02:56 AM
Thanks for checking them out. Glad you like.
Posted By: melahide Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 07/05/17 07:47 AM
Wait, Wait, Wait, had the same problem. Strange thing is - it did not occur on the drums but on the Cello/String and Bass. No problem to drop midi into midi-box but could not drop it into Logic.

So, I´ll have to freeze the track in Logic? .. have to try this smile
Posted By: Matcham Re: Drag midi file into DAW - 07/05/17 08:24 AM
Yep try it. But freeze the track in BIAB, not Logic. Look for the snowflake symbol in Mixer view.
© PG Music Forums