PG Music Home
Posted By: disfunker Missing styles - 06/23/17 09:17 AM
Hi,

new user here smile

I have the EverythingPAK version, and, while playing with the app, I noticed that there are a bunch of styles that are missing, 702 in total.

I can see them in the Style Picker, after filtering by "N/A only". Ordering by the Set# column, I see that they are included in these sets:

RT 109-115, 122-131, 143-154, 200
Xtra PAK
BonusPak
Bonus
MST 21-24

I tried reinstalling a couple of the RT, thinking that I might have forgotten to install one of the (too many) installers, but that didn't fix the problem.

I tried doing a search in the forums, and I got more confused. It looks like some are additional content, but I assumed that the bundle that I have includes everything - if not, where are they?

Any help greatly appreciated. I am loving the app, despite the UI a bit... tough to use, but that's probably a matter of getting used to.

I don't know if relevant, but:
- I upgraded from BIAB 2016 pro (I bought it a couple days earlier)
- I have everything installed on an external drive
- I'm on mac

Thanks
Posted By: babarton Re: Missing styles - 06/23/17 11:43 AM
disfunker,

First, welcome to the forums! You know, all these various packages have grown so confusing to me that I can't even understand all of them. I might suggest you contact sales at PG Music and ask them about these particular styles. It seems to me that they should have been included in your package, but what do I know? grin

Bruce
Posted By: jford Re: Missing styles - 06/23/17 03:02 PM
XTRA Paks were a separate purchase or included in the bonus paks which were a separate purchase.

I would first look in my account (not the forum login, but from the main PGMusic screen) to see if perhaps you missed a download. Otherwise, as Bruce said, contact PGMusic to resolve.

While yes, it is called the EverythingPAK, it's not necessarily "everything" PGMusic has ever produced related to BIAB. There are a few MIDI soloists that are also extra purchase, and there were some previous bonus paks that may not be present. That's why I always install on top of my previous installation, to ensure I truly have everything.

It's like my XM Satellite Radio for life subscription (which they don't sell anymore). It's for the life of the device, to my life. And since it's in my car, it's really most likely going to be just for the life of the car.

Lifetime...everything...not necessarily absolute anymore. smile
Posted By: w Re: Missing styles - 06/23/17 07:56 PM
Quote:
While yes, it is called the EverythingPAK, it's not necessarily "everything" PGMusic has ever produced related to BIAB.

Fully agreee.

I wish the PG " naming " division would come up with a better and more understanding name and naming system for all these PAK's they call EverythingPAK. Although the name is a good selling gimmick.

Perhaps they could start tagging dates of issue or clearly explain what it is they are selling because you really do not get EVERYTHING in the EverythingPAK.

The naming system they are using now is beyond confusing.
Posted By: Beachboy Re: Missing styles - 06/23/17 09:16 PM
Originally Posted By: w

I wish the PG " naming " division would come up with a better and more understanding name and naming system for all these PAK's they call EverythingPAK. Although the name is a good selling gimmick.

Perhaps they could start tagging dates of issue or clearly explain what it is they are selling because you really do not get EVERYTHING in the EverythingPAK.

The naming system they are using now is beyond confusing.

+1
Posted By: disfunker Re: Missing styles - 06/29/17 12:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies - It looks like I forgot to enable email notifications...

I'll get in touch with support to ask for clarification. And yes, I agree that naming is way too confusing.

In case of doubt, I usually prefer to not buy rather than buying something I don't need or I already have.
Posted By: disfunker Re: Missing styles - 07/03/17 06:18 PM
It turns out the missing RT are caused by corrupted files - I downloaded the respective installers again, and I've been able to install the missing sets.

However I still have no clue about these ones:

Xtra PAK
BonusPak
Bonus
MST 21-24

As I don't see any file in my download area which could contain them.
Posted By: disfunker Re: Missing styles - 07/13/17 11:12 AM
Before buying BIAB, I read forums, and I had the feeling that many users were happy about support.

I sent 2 emails to support in the latest 10 days, no one replied me.

Am I unlucky, or is there actually no support behind that email?
Posted By: babarton Re: Missing styles - 07/14/17 10:25 AM
I don't know if I've ever tried the e-mail, but I've always had good luck with the "Live Help" in the upper right hand corner of the page...
Posted By: w Re: Missing styles - 07/14/17 11:28 PM
show real tracks still has missing letters

this was noted some time ago by Icelander if i'm not mistaken

example

Attached picture SShot 2017-07-14 at 8.25.16 PM.png
Posted By: jford Re: Missing styles - 07/17/17 02:35 PM
But I love me some wingin' or odern country, and you haven't heard anything until you've heard an ockin' guitar. smile
Posted By: w Re: Missing styles - 07/17/17 08:55 PM
^
please, this is a family forum
Posted By: Icelander Re: Missing styles - 07/19/17 01:39 PM
ROFL!!

In all seriousness though, this was reported (though not by me, for a change) more than once, so the devs should a least be aware of it. But you are right in that it hasn't yet been fixed.
© PG Music Forums