PG Music Home
Posted By: AlbertaTom VST's crashing BIAB - 07/30/17 01:34 PM
Hello, I'm new to BIAB, every time i try to load a VST BIAB crashes. Sometimes just doing a search for VST's also makes it crash. If the VST does show up for example Native Instruments Guitar Rig MF, the minute I choose a preset and then hit play on BIAB it crashes. I hope this makes sense! I have the latest version of BIAB 2017 Pro. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST's crashing BIAB - 07/30/17 03:32 PM
Hello Alberta Tom and welcome to the forum!

Are you using Band-in-a-Box for Windows or Mac? I ask because my understanding is VSTs work with Windows systems while Mac systems use AUs.
Posted By: AlbertaTom Re: VST's crashing BIAB - 07/30/17 04:54 PM
Hi Jim, thanks for replying. I'm not sure what's going on, all my VST's work fine with my other Mac DAWS. The AU's seem to work ok in BIAB but I would have thought that the VST's should work fine as well.
Regards,
Tom
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: VST's crashing BIAB - 07/30/17 10:45 PM
AlbertaTom,

Do you use 32 or 64 bit VSTs or both? I don't know what the specifications are for Band-in-a-Box Mac but the Windows program is 32 bit. The Windows program requires the use of a specific version of JBridge for Windows (available from PG Music) to use a 64 bit VST. +++ JBridge for Mac +++ also exists but I do not know if it has been modified to work with Band-in-a-Box. That may be a question to ask PG Music support.
Posted By: Froi Re: VST's crashing BIAB - 07/31/17 10:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
AlbertaTom,

Do you use 32 or 64 bit VSTs or both? I don't know what the specifications are for Band-in-a-Box Mac but the Windows program is 32 bit. The Windows program requires the use of a specific version of JBridge for Windows (available from PG Music) to use a 64 bit VST. +++ JBridge for Mac +++ also exists but I do not know if it has been modified to work with Band-in-a-Box. That may be a question to ask PG Music support.

AlbertaTom,

I am currently using JBridge for mac it works just fine with BIAB. I have the latest macOS Sierra 10.13.6.

I hope this helps.
Posted By: AlbertaTom Re: VST's crashing BIAB - 07/31/17 07:49 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I'm getting the same results using JBridge. Not to worry I can always just transfer the audio out to my DAW and add VST's there instead.
Regards, Tom
© PG Music Forums