PG Music Home
Posted By: jeamsler BIAB 2017 Install - 08/02/17 11:41 AM
I've got BIAB 2017 ultraplus on an external usb drive. I'm leaving it all on there to save space on my internal. I did install the fonts and the SFZ synth and sounds though. I wanted to know if there is a way to relocate the SFZ sounds (1gb of data) onto another drive (not the usb BIAB drive)? I tried doing an install to a different drive of SFZ synth and sounds but found it still put the sounds on the internal system drive. Can they be relocated? Maybe put an alias in place of the PG MUSIC INC folder in SYS> Library> Application Support ?

Jon
Posted By: JayO Re: BIAB 2017 Install - 08/02/17 07:14 PM
Hi Jeamsler,
I have done exactly what you are proposing, I have moved my BIAB SFZ files to a second drive.
I just moved the folder with the samples "/Library/Application Support/PG Music Inc/Band-in-a-Box Sounds/Programs".

Although an alias to the new "Programs" folder placed in "/Library/Application Support/PG Music Inc/Band-in-a-Box Sounds" might work, I used a symbolic link instead.

If you are not aware, a symbolic link is similar to an alias but more durable if things change with the path.

I used this free program to create symbolic links, it's easy, and it works really well (no connection to developer).
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker

Hopefully this helps.

- Jay
Posted By: jeamsler Re: BIAB 2017 Install - 08/02/17 08:17 PM
Thanks
I'll try it.
© PG Music Forums