PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul MIDI Help - 10/20/17 03:10 PM
How do I set up a MIDI file to have each track play a part instead of one tracks play every part?
Posted By: jford Re: MIDI Help - 10/20/17 04:02 PM
For each channel to be on a separate track, you need to save the MIDI file as a Type-1. If you save as Type-0, then everything goes on a multi-channel single track.
Posted By: RCMeachen Re: MIDI Help - 10/28/17 12:20 AM
I see you are a veteran user. I am a newbie. MIDI question. When using import chords from a midi song, I get a real jumble of chords even for simple songs. How would you know which MIDI channel to use for correct chord import?
Thanks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: MIDI Help - 10/28/17 04:47 AM
Bob,

Welcome to the forums.

For chord interpretation, it's best to load in all the tracks of the midi. That way, BIAB can look at the various notes and make the most informed choices.

If you only load in a melody, BIAB will still interpret the chords and while some will be ok, others will not. The reason for this is that it takes three vertically aligned notes to create chordal harmony that can be interpreted with reasonable accuracy. While two vertically aligned notes can give some insight into the chords, the accuracy of the chord interpretation will be a mixture of good and not-so-good because any pair of note can belong to a number of different chords. A single note gives almost no information about what the chord could be.

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums