PG Music Home
Posted By: Slick Salmon Managing a Soloist - 11/10/17 08:42 AM
I'm not sure the correct sub-forum for this question, so please re-direct me if this isn't it.

I'm running the 2017 version of BIAB on a MacBook Pro. Two questions regarding the managing of Soloists:

1) Can you have more than one?

2) How do you set up a soloist so it only plays thru one or two chorus and not thru them all? For example, I have a tune with 5 choruses and I want the soloist to play thru chorus 2 and 4. How do I do that?
Posted By: babarton Re: Managing a Soloist - 11/10/17 11:02 AM
(2) I admit I've never tried this, but I think if you just lay out your song as one long song with no repeats (rather than as one chorus repeated five times), you could easily do this with the fn-F5 (bar settings) at the start of every "chorus" - just set the soloist volume to 0 where you don't want it playing, then turn it back on where you do want it playing.

(1) I don't think you can have more than one soloist in BIAB, but you can easily generate one, drag it to Garageband or another DAW, then generate another one and drag it to your DAW, etc.

Bruce
Posted By: Icelander Re: Managing a Soloist - 11/30/17 11:09 PM
1. Yes, but not Midi soloists (unless you generate each separately and then combine in a proper midi editing software or daw/sequencer). You can have two or more midi instruments playing the soloist part via the harmonising feature, but that's not quite the same thing.
If multiple Realtrack soloists is what you want, however, then you got several ways to do it, such as picking the "Custom" option inside the "Generate and play a Solo" window, or alternatively select them like any rhythmical RT's via the "Medley" function inside the standard Realtrack Picker dialogue.

2. Easy! You go into that "Generate and play a Solo" dialogue (best place to start any soloists in my view!) and use either the "Custom" function or the "Solo which Choruses" function.
© PG Music Forums