PG Music Home
Posted By: w missing demo's - 12/16/17 03:24 PM
these screen shots indicate a small sample of styles selected for the purpose of this posting that have no demo versions in my Mac 2017 Audiophile 2 TB USB drive.

Anyone else ? or am i just not understanding the purpose of providing these styles ?

Need help with this please.

Attached picture NO DEMO'S for these.png
Attached picture SShot 2017-12-16 at 10.49.49 AM.png
Posted By: Icelander Re: missing demo's - 12/16/17 11:49 PM
The demos for all of these particular styles in your list there are inside the "Drums - Demos" folder,
The reason is that all of these styles (which are not Realtrack styles) are variations of one style, where only the drums are different from one variation to the next.

p.s. Yes, I know it's confusing crazy
Posted By: w Re: missing demo's - 12/17/17 04:52 PM

^
Thank you Mr Icelander for the explanation that PG should have provided in the " Memo " files.

And yes, i do more than often read the memo files provided with the styles/demo's.
Posted By: Icelander Re: missing demo's - 12/18/17 08:35 PM
Very good. Many of these styles predate the RT feature but have RealDrums (which came first). I'm guessing that's why you'll only find some of them in that Drums Demos folder and nowhere else.

A tip on those: When you see a style name that starts with a - sign (the "minus" sign), it signifies such a style, i.e. an all- midi style that has RealDrums assigned.
Posted By: w Re: missing demo's - 12/20/17 02:37 PM
Thank you for the tip MR. Icelander. That's a huge help in reading/selecting from the listing of styles provided by the StylePicker.

Originally Posted By: Icelander
A tip on those: When you see a style name that starts with a - sign (the "minus" sign), it signifies such a style, i.e. an all- midi style that has RealDrums assigned.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: missing demo's - 12/20/17 04:07 PM
Here are some style naming conventions:

• (no leading character) - MIDI populates all tracks; MIDIStyle
  • ! (Exclamation) - MIDIStyle; reason for leading character unknown
  • (Tilde) - MIDIStyle; reason for leading character unknown
  • - (Hyphen) - MIDI tracks with RealDrums on Drums track
  • = (Equal Sign) - Mixture of RealTracks and MIDI tracks
  • _ (Underscore) - RealTracks populate all tracks; RealStyles
Posted By: w Re: missing demo's - 12/20/17 04:35 PM
Thank you MR. Jim Fogle.

Another helpful hint.

This prompted me to do a search in the Mac's built in Manuel ( with the programme running go Help/drop down to select a Manual ) and it came up with zilch. Although, there was an informative write up about Track Radio Buttons.

[quote from Jim Fogle ]Here are some style naming conventions:

• (no leading character) - MIDI populates all tracks; MIDIStyle
  • ! (Exclamation) - MIDIStyle; reason for leading character unknown
  • (Tilde) - MIDIStyle; reason for leading character unknown
  • - (Hyphen) - MIDI tracks with RealDrums on Drums track
  • = (Equal Sign) - Mixture of RealTracks and MIDI tracks
  • _ (Underscore) - RealTracks populate all tracks; RealStyles
[/quote]
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: missing demo's - 12/21/17 12:33 AM
I'm using the Windows version so I have the Windows user manual.

I performed a search in the user manual pdf file using the term "style name" without the quotes. There were a couple of places where the naming convention information was repeated.

I also ran StylePicker and clicked on the name tab to organize all the styles alpha-numerically. That's how I discovered some style names have the tilde character and exclamation character but the character meanings are not defined in the manual.
Posted By: Icelander Re: missing demo's - 12/25/17 03:18 PM
The "tilde" symbol signifies brush set used in drums, by the way, applies to midi or real drums alike.

p.s. And a 'tilde' is the ~ symbol, (I myself didn't know that word until just now) cool
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: missing demo's - 12/25/17 05:37 PM
I had the devil of a time looking for the tilde symbol on this laptop's keyboard. Finally found it after reading your message and looking one, last time. ~ Ta Da! The tilde symbol.
Posted By: Icelander Re: missing demo's - 12/26/17 11:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I had the devil of a time looking for the tilde symbol on this laptop's keyboard.
I simply gave up the search and copied that one right from a style filename! - clever, eh wink
© PG Music Forums