PG Music Home
I'm exasperated with BIAB issues. While I am 20 year user of BIAB, and converted to Mac in 2015, I am a basic low-tech user. I run it on a MacBook Pro; plenty of memory and disk space.

A few months ago, prior to build 184, one particular song started crashing BIAB everytime I loaded it. Also, inexplicably, song folder rebuild stopped working (it doesn't re-build and alphabetize songs in folders like it used to), it stopped retaining recent songs/styles loaded (its blank). Tech support couldn't replicate issue - they told me to delete the BIAB application contents in Preferences folder and reset program to factory settings. I can't find a way to "reset".

Out of frustration, I deleted the BIAB application, which was the BIAB 2015 original install, plus 2016 and 2017 MegaPak upgrades, trashed it, and reinstalled BIAB from my 2017 upgrade flash drive (the key chain one). Massive problems:
* "Can't Load Style"/Style Not Found" examples - _SRV_SHFL.sty, _NRCKBST.sty, _ROKBIL.sty, _BLZROCK.sty, many more, tons of them; they all show a (-) after the name.
* "You do not have Real Track required for this style"/"Cant find RTrack" examples - Bass 564, Accordian 1287, Fiddle 600, Piano 1566, Piano 1549, Guit 951, many many more are simply not there anymore; (they all show "N/A" in Style picker).
* The non-functional song folder re-build and not retaining recently played songs/styles also persisted.
Uninstalled, and reinstalled 2016 and 2017. Same results. I no longer have the original BIAB 2015 application; I erased the drive it shipped on for backup storage - maybe that is source of my problem?
BIAB is non-functional for me at this point.
Any clues as to what's going on would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mark
Update: PG tech support reestablished the download links for my original Mac BIAB 2015 and I downloaded and installed the whole package (took an entire day!). That solved all the problems with missing RT and RT Styles.

The issue of "rebuild list" not alphabetizing, and "recently played" being empty upon each re-start persists (this was NOT a problem several months ago).

The one song that always crashed BIAB. I deleted it and re-created it new. no longer crashes. go figure!
© PG Music Forums