PG Music Home
Posted By: keyboard Extract lead sheet with lyrics ? - 12/24/17 12:24 AM
Hi

I am still using 2014 Windows BIAB ONLY because I can extract a lead sheet with Lyrics from a Midi file.

I have a Mac also and back in 2016, I purchased BIAB for the Mac , only to ask for a refund because while it did create a lead sheet, it was not able to extract the Lyrics.

So my question is, will 2017 Mac give me the same functionality that I am getting from my 2014 Win BIAB with regards to extracting the lead sheet with lyrics ?

Please advise
Ron
Posted By: Icelander Re: Extract lead sheet with lyrics ? - 12/25/17 03:39 PM
I think the workaround needed is to first convert the midi file in question into an xml file (I've never actually tried either that contain lyrics).
Can you submit a screenshot of the import dialogue in your PC version where this takes place? That would at least give us something to go on as to where to look or what it looks like.
Also, have you examined the outlined features of the Mac 2รถ17 version? That might help you too, in case this item is mentioned (or not). And of course, asking Live Help should be able to tell you either way.
Posted By: keyboard Re: Extract lead sheet with lyrics ? - 12/29/17 08:52 PM
I cannot believe that I cannot get an answer to my question....

It looks like I am going to have to do the same thing that I did in 2016....

I will purchase and see if I can create a Lead Sheet with lyrics from a midi file....

If I am successful, I will keep, and if I am not successful, I will ask for a refund... I was hoping that it would not come down to this.....
Posted By: keyboard Re: Extract lead sheet with lyrics ? - 12/29/17 09:08 PM
Update from PG Music

No
Posted By: Icelander Re: Extract lead sheet with lyrics ? - 12/29/17 09:15 PM
Didn't think so, just like I said smirk
Posted By: Icelander Re: Extract lead sheet with lyrics ? - 12/29/17 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By: keyboard
I cannot believe that I cannot get an answer to my question....
Erhm...right back at ya, me thinks, for you never answered my initial response either wink

Anyway, looks like you got there in the end, even if the answer you got was probably not the one you wanted to get.
© PG Music Forums