PG Music Home
Does BIAB currently support live keychanges with "Midi Triggered Chord Tracking/ Performance Improv"

Some lightweight keyboards exist such as the new Yamaha MX range, but to travel with these keyboards AND be locked into the Yamaha arranger world is something a plugin would be ideal for freeing out of brandnames IF possible yet ... don't know if Ableton offers.

Something standing behind Mainstage like a lightweight Arranger Plugin could answer this, not sure it does right now for backing drums, bass, synth, pads without necessarily taking whole gigs of unneeded library.

Can BIAB support answer please, and if it is in the planning if it is not (why not as well please)?

Or if others know of real time chord arranger alternatives available 2018, be appreciated. Thankyou

HBG
I have researched this topic quite a lot, and probably one of the clincher factors is getting the bass to track the key changes real time for pianists improving with a backing.

Obviously drums are based mostly on BPM, chorus, pre chorus, bridge, verse ... but with extending bars x 2-4 times or more is part of the question which seems only answered inside the workstation world as yet.

I'II check what the feature is called again, but Midi Triggered Key Changes is the big ticket question here not answered in plugins ... but maybe there is one.
When I look at the advertising of BIAB it says RealDrums and RealDrums ... I suppose the next feature is "RealTime"

Typing in chords is not RealTime. RealTime is fading in Bass/ Drums/ Orchestral and controlling the BPM and controlling key changes from the Midi keyboard.

Or maybe you start from the Typing In Chords and move over to improv key changes mid song.

Yamaha/ Korg/ Roland may reserve rights to their proprietary software ... locking it to hardware ... but this has to be on the horizon. Is it ?

Thanks again.
Hello HBGently,

Welcome to the forum.

Band-in-a-Box for Windows does not playback under direction from MIDI input in real time. However, many performers still use the program to create backing tracks.

The program can make running MIDI bass lines through the use of slash chords where "C/Bb" tells the program to play the "C" chord while the bass plays the bass note, Bb.

Have you looked at the +++ DigiTech Trio or Trio+ +++ pedals? They are built for performance however the pedals follow audio, not MIDI.
© PG Music Forums