PG Music Home
please try this, and tell me what you hear when BIAB 2017 (186) or your version start to play:

_BRITERR.STY

/D.. ^D.. Dsus4... D../

How does that sound - to me it sound as follows (numbers are equal to beats in 8 Even)

1. D 2. - 3. D 4. - 5. Dsus 6. - 7. D 8. -

What I expected it to sound was like this:

1. D 2. - 3. - 4. D 5. Dsus 6. - 7. D 8. -

It's like the algorithm doesn't push the D 1/8, when instructed to.

This pt replicates in every Real Track or MIDI style I've tried no matter if it is 8 Ev or 16 Ev.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Error with push algorithm or my algorithm - 02/03/18 09:08 PM
Given the chords you've entered, and given that a ^ push makes a chord play an eighth note earlier, you should get

1 D (shot)
2 D (shot)
5 Dsus (hold)
7 D (shot)

When I loaded _BRITERR.STY, and slowed the tempo to 50%, what I heard with my Windows version of BIAB was...

1 D (shot)
2 D (shot)
3 D (shot)
5 Dsus (hold)
7 D (shot)

Have tried using three dots after all the chords so that holds are played? It might make a difference.

When I tried the above with the -NSEV8^2.STY (a midi only style), it behaved correctly.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this .... if you are, please ignore it.... but to play midi styles, it's necessary to disable the auto-substitution of Realstyles for midi styles.

As a check, if you have all midi styles successfully loaded, the writing for the tracks in the mixer will be yellow. (It's green when Realtracks are loaded.)

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I like the way you used eight beats in a bar to notate the chords. It really helped to understand your issue.

Hi Noel,

ouch! crazy

That's what you get with an amateur like me - mistaking push from pull blush

Since BIAB doesn't have a pull function - I have to create what I want (or what I expected) in a slightly backwards notation - at least to my way of logic thinking.

Thank your patience and for taking your time to make me realize, what is obvious.

Cheers
Peter :-)
Posted By: w Re: Error with push algorithm or my algorithm - 02/14/18 03:13 PM

Hi Peter,

any chance you could post your song/project especially the chord structure and " instruments " assigned to the _BRITERR.STY ?
Actually - there's no song, it was me practicing to create breaks and hooks with BIAB
© PG Music Forums