PG Music Home
Posted By: w jbridgeM - 05/14/18 11:49 AM
Any thoughts/comments about purchasing ?

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: jbridgeM - 05/14/18 03:31 PM
If you want to use 64 bit plug-ins with Band-in-a-Box you will need to have jBridge installed on your Mac.

More information is available from the PG Music website +++ HERE +++ .

Also note you can purchase jBridge at a discount through PG Music.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: jbridgeM - 05/14/18 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
If you want to use 64 bit plug-ins with Band-in-a-Box you will need to have jBridge installed on your Mac.

More information is available from the PG Music website +++ HERE +++ .

Also note you can purchase jBridge at a discount through PG Music.

JBridgeM doesn't work in OS 10.13. We've not seen an update since October 2014. You definitely want to demo it first. Most Mac plugins are AU since Logic has never supported VST so, even though it's only $10...
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: jbridgeM - 05/15/18 05:31 PM
Hi,

I'm using 64-bit VSTs in Band-in-a-Box 2018 on OS 10.13 right now, using JBridge. It's working fine. smile

Though most plugins are available in AU format, there's usually a VST version too, for anyone not using Logic. I produced using Ableton Live on a Mac for years, and used almost exclusively VSTs with no issues. I ran into one semi-obscure delay plugin that was AU-only, that was it.

So I'd say JBridge is handy, since some newer plugins are 64-bit only these days.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: jbridgeM - 05/31/18 12:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi,

I'm using 64-bit VSTs in Band-in-a-Box 2018 on OS 10.13 right now, using JBridge. It's working fine. smile

Though most plugins are available in AU format, there's usually a VST version too, for anyone not using Logic. I produced using Ableton Live on a Mac for years, and used almost exclusively VSTs with no issues. I ran into one semi-obscure delay plugin that was AU-only, that was it.

So I'd say JBridge is handy, since some newer plugins are 64-bit only these days.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Kent, what build are you using? I have v.97 released a few years ago. Unfortunately, they all say 1.0 in GetInfo. I have emailed João to see if there was anything later but have not heard back.

I'm fully aware of 64 bit VSTs and have a few hundred. Digital Performer, being 64 bit since 2012, has no problem with them. My AU library outnumbers my VST by quite a few.

I have tended to dismiss the $15 I spent on JBridge in 2012 as a waste since it never worked for the purpose I bought it and that was to bridge some 32 bit VSTs I owned. When 32Lives 2.0 came out last year adding VST support and worked, I left JBridge installed and thought no more about it till now.

Just for kicks, I fired up JBridgeM and decided to run it on my 64 bit VSTs. After many crashes, it did "bridge" 64 of them out of 300+. Sometime, I'll try them with BIAB and see what happens.

None of this would be necessary if BIAB was 64 bit. Apple informed everyone years ago that 32 bit support would be discontinued. They may or may not have pulled the punch for another year (we won't know for certain till September) but there's no excuse for a 2018 version of any Mac App being released in 32 bit.

My recommendation still stands. JBridgeM is cheapware and not all that good. Even at $10, you want to demo it first to see if it will successfully "bridge" the VST you want.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: jbridgeM - 05/31/18 07:28 PM
Update: I heard back.

Hi!

1.0 that's what OS X reports by default, sorry, the REAL latest version is 0.97.

To get the latest update, please go here:

v.97 Update

Kind regards,

João
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: jbridgeM - 05/31/18 08:19 PM
Hi Mike,

If you want to use 64-bit VSTs with BIAB, you don't even need to create bridging files. As long as JBridge is installed, Band-in-a-Box will treat 64-bit plugins exactly like 32-bit ones, and I haven't run into (or heard about) issues doing this on Windows or Mac.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums