PG Music Home
Using BB for Mac 2018 the audio output to my Sennheiser 4,40 headset does not work. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Hi Phil,

You'll want to make sure the headset is only selected as an Output device, not Input, in System Preferences and in Band-in-a-Box's Preferences. That'll likely solve the issue.

If not, please let us know.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Hi Kent,

Your solution works, but is it possible to warn users from within BB when using BT output/input devices. That could save a lot of time I guess.

Gerard aka Phil
Hi Phil,

I can submit a request to find a way for BIAB to detect when the device is using Bluetooth and display a warning.

The issue isn't so much an incompatibility with Bluetooth devices, but that BT devices work at a very low sample rate when used for input, so if selected for both input and output, the whole device uses that low sample rate, which is too low for BIAB to use.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Phil,

You'll want to make sure the headset is only selected as an Output device, not Input, in System Preferences and in Band-in-a-Box's Preferences. That'll likely solve the issue.

If not, please let us know.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Thanks for that info, Kent. I've never been able to play BIAB on a bluetooth speaker or headphones, and that's probably why. Can't wait to try it out!

Bruce cool
Hi Bruce,

You're welcome! Please let us know if that doesn't do the trick.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
There is a MAJOR BUG in Band in a Box for Mac,
which makes it not possible to listen on Bluetooth on your mac (by default).

The workaround solution is to go to Option-> Preferences-> Audio Settings-> Audio Device button, and select built in microphone on your Mac (or any other microphone just not Bluetooth).

Why didn't you fix this bug in the 2018 revision? (I reported this bug 1/2 a year ago).
It is will take a developer a couple of hours and make a lot of customers happy. Other products can deal with this, why can't Band in a box??

© PG Music Forums