PG Music Home
Posted By: JimmyD150155 BIB Song List - no column alphabetical - 05/25/18 06:55 PM
Hi
In the windows version i saw that you could rearrange any column in the song list alphabetically but in my Mac version the columns cannot be sorted.!!
In my list no column is sorted its all haphazard.
Any recommendations appreciated.
Hi Jimmy,

Are you referring to the SongPicker list, or the File Open dialog?

If it's the SongPicker, the columns can't be re-sorted at this time (this has been requested and passed along), but they should be sorted alphabetically by the File Name column automatically. Is this not happening? If not, which operating system are you using?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Leonatic Re: BIB Song List - no column alphabetical - 05/26/18 03:01 PM
I read somewhere that the new Apple File System (APFS) is causing this. Introduced with High Sierra. If you have an old songlist it's ok but when it's rebuild it's a mess. If you open de songlist (it is saved with the songfiles) it shows you the 'haphazardical order you mentioned.

At the same time my 'recently loaded song' developed Alzheimer. After a few hours it's empty again. Seems related.

I was hoping this would be resolved in the 2018 update. But do I understand correctly that it hasn't?
Hi Kent

Thanks for the immediate reply.

Yes its the SongPicker List and I am using High Sierra operating system.

Any help appreciated, I will take a screenshot when I get home to let you see. Also i guess from a search point any order is better not by song name buy song style as I tend to look for an example at all rock songs, names would not help with this.
If you know of another way it would be helpful.
Great product by the way, I am overall very happy with it.
Jim D
Hi

Thanks for the immediate reply.

I am using High Sierra operating system as you suspected

Also i guess from a search point any order is better not by song name buy song style as I tend to look for an example at all rock songs, names would not help with this.
If you know of another way it would be helpful.

I appreciate you spending time to offer advice very much

Jim D
Hi Jimmy,

Does the list appear to be sorted alphabetically by File Name? There are no other options, as the list can't be re-sorted, but I'm wondering if it's at least working as intended.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums