PG Music Home
Well, I upgrade every year (Ultra Pak)- and this year I only need BIAB Mac 2018 (the program) and the 202 new RealTracks. I already have 1-277.
But I clicked the wrong order button and got the Mega-Pack by mistake. I dont think I have ever bought the Mega-Pak in the 20 some years I have been using BIAB - so I am seeing files called MegaRealCombos but I don't know what to do with them or even what they are.
Is it possible that I would have had to be buying MegaPaks all along in order to use these things )?
I still needed the 202 new Real Tracks so I bought them tonight too. And of course they came with the 2018 BIAB program update and Free Bonus Pak so I am wondering if I spent $99 for something I cannot use.
What can I do with the MegaRealCombo files? Anything without buying the original files or something else? Funny thing is, I have a RealCombo's folder from 2011 with about 30 files in it (starts with _ACCNTRY Demo and ends with _WNSWING Demo). I loaded one of todays Mega RealTracks to see what I bought - but the files sure did not go in this 2011 folder.
What am I not understanding here?
Just contact the sales team after the weekend they’ll sort it I’m sure.
kevinlamb,

of course the advice by Beachboy is excellent

just out of curiosity i took a look at _ACCNTRY and the song memo clarifies the use of that file however if you have no need for files like that then you did by error buy the wrong PAK and PG has a no hassle refund policy

Attached picture screenJPEG 2018-05-27 at 8.53.42 AM.jpg
kevinlamb,

It will not hurt anything to run the file. The only thing running the file will do is to copy over RealTracks you already have. If you don't have them you will after you run the file. However, the Mega Real Combos file likely contains RealTracks you already have.

You indicated in your post that you have the UltraPAK. The UltraPAK includes the RealTracks included in both the Pro package and the Mega package plus additional RealTracks. My guess is PG Music created two file bundles to make sure sales selects the proper file for distribution.

Bundling more than 300 RealTracks into one file and then calling that file "Pro" makes it easy for sales to grab the right file when someone purchases the ProPak.

Bundling all the ProPAK RealTracks plus 200 additional RealTracks into one file and call that file "Mega" makes it easy for sales to distinguish between the ProPAK and MegaPAK.

UltraPAK and Audiophile ship on a hard drive so bundling for internet distribution means files can be split into smaller chuncks.

Finally, the PlusPAK provides RealTracks released with the annual program update. Users that have the UltraPAK can purchase this package and remain current.

I would archive the file along with the rest of your Band-in-a-Box archive files.
I talked to PG. I definitely made the wrong package choice(s) based on my yearly purchase history. PG was very accommodating and (for about the same money) is sending me the files and software I need to be fully updated since my UltraPak purchase in 2016.
Thanks to those here that wrote me with advice and offered help.
© PG Music Forums