PG Music Home
Hello… I’m fairly new to Mac and have used band in a box for a while now… I’m trying to enter some melodies from my midi controller....I don’t remember how to set it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated… Thanks in advance :-)
I'd offer similar advice to what I offered in another similar question:

Try clicking "Options", then "Select Midi Driver or Apple DLS Synth", then clicking the "Midi Drivers Help" button. Read this section, and see if it doesn't get you pointed in the right direction.

This should be pretty simple. Can you use your controller in Garageband?

Bruce
a wee bit of an rant here:

at times it seems such a waste of time responding to a question or call for help ( re: jeffgee ) and then no response from the person ( re: jeffgee ) asking for help
Thanks Bruce...and sorry for the late reply. Im on call on my job a lot and sometimes can't get on to check my messages for days.
yes ...garageband logic 10 & MainStage seem to work just fine with my controller..
Hi,

You'll want to go to Options - Select MIDI Driver, choose MacOS X CoreMIDI, and click OK.

Then go to Options again, CoreMIDI (Choose Ports), select your keyboard for MIDI In, and Apple DLS Synth in the other slots.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: jeffgee
Thanks Bruce...and sorry for the late reply. Im on call on my job a lot and sometimes can't get on to check my messages for days.

Didn't seem like a late reply to me... I'm lucky if I can check this board once a day, what with a job and all that stuff. Looks like Kent beat me to the punch here. If it works in Garageband, then it has to be a midi setting in BIAB.

Good luck
© PG Music Forums