PG Music Home
I would like to view the notation for a real track on the screen to practice the licks.
How can this be done in BIAB 2018?

Thank you for your input.
Some RealTracks don’t have notation; perhaps that’s what you’re asking? If it does, there will be an underscore under the track name in the radio button (old GUI view: CTRL+T). And there will be an entry in the N column in the RealTrack picker window.
just to add to the excellent explanation by Matt the manual provides this information

" RealTracks are audio instruments that replace the MIDI track with actual recordings of top studio Jazz/Rock/Country musicians! These are not “samples” of single instrument hits; they are full recordings, lasting from 1 to 8 bars at a time, playing along in perfect sync with the other Band-in-a-Box tracks. "

the manual is built into the Band programme and can be read by going to the " Help " see my screen shot

hope this all helps you

Mister Magoo/w

Attached picture screenJPEG 2018-07-08 at 12.53.38 PM.jpg
Another Point is that much of the notation, IF PRESENT, is for exactly what you want: educational purposes. The notation MAY be correct if it’s for an instrument where the performance was captured in MIDI, like a keyboard. But for other instruments it is an approximation.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Some RealTracks don’t have notation; perhaps that’s what you’re asking? If it does, there will be an underscore under the track name in the radio button (old GUI view: CTRL+T). And there will be an entry in the N column in the RealTrack picker window.

Thank you. I got that. But how can I see the notation of those real tracks which have a notion. I don't find it...

Oh. Just click to enter the Notation Window (instead of the normal screen - the Chordsheet Window). If the RealTrack has notation you will immediately see it by clicking on the appropriate radio button for the track. If you still don't see anything, just rests, it's because the song hasn't been generated, so first do Regenerate / Play.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Oh. Just click to enter the Notation Window (instead of the normal screen - the Chordsheet Window). If the RealTrack has notation you will immediately see it by clicking on the appropriate radio button for the track. If you still don't see anything, just rests, it's because the song hasn't been generated, so first do Regenerate / Play.

Thank you very much! That did the trick.
Glad to help.
© PG Music Forums