PG Music Home
i've enclosed the changes and BIAB song file I created by ear meticulously years back for Keith Jarretts 'Journey Home' tune from his album My Song - since it crashes BIAB whenever I press PLAY.

Anyone else find this? can someone try this file in an older version of BIAB and see if it runs there? its been many years - 4 or - more since i tried this tune in BIAB.

here is the file in my dropbox account

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z8gsgwb2qt5zt4/The_Journey_Home_Intro.SGU?dl=0

Description: journey home.SGU with a .png ending added and .SGU removed so it can get past the upload policer
Attached picture The Journey Home Intro.png
you have presented an interesting situation however

in following your instructions no luck downloading ( something about file errors at that downloading site )

why don't you use something like zippyshare.com

if it is available to you in your location

( a simple FREE uploading/downloading service )

and besides you don't have to change the file ending names

although, other's here more knowledgeable may be able to download that file
I've actually isolated the problem causing the crash:

I have discovered that it works ok in 4/4 styles but not in 3/4 styles.

It has to do with when a chord has been inserted on the 4th "BEAT" - in the chord editor dialog - when the style and song is currently in 3/4.

Under such circumstances of course the 4th beat (as represented by a radio button in the dialog ) has no effect. But the problem and crash comes when a song has been originally created with chords in the 4th beat when the song wasting 4/4 styles - but then for some reason a 3/4 style is selected. When the song is saved and recalled and played using the 3 waltz style - we get a crash.

BIAB seems to know the chord is invalid because when one opens up the song the "4th" beat chord is greyed out. And in this song there are LOTS of chords entered on the 4th beat of a 3/4 style!.

If you choose a 4/4 style and regenerate the song will play fine without crash. change to 3/4 and its a crash.

Dan
Originally Posted By: w

why don't you use something like zippyshare.com

instead - here's an open link to my dropbox are where you can download the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z8gsgwb2qt5zt4/The_Journey_Home_Intro.SGU?dl=0
Hi Nonchai,

While there are lots of chords entered on beat 4, those chords are simply ignored, and aren't causing the crash.

I've found that if I remove that Bar Settings change to 4/4 you've entered on beat 1, the song doesn't crash. Of course, that change should just be ignored, since you're using a waltz style, which can't be forced to play in 4/4, and not crash the program.

I haven't been able to replicate the issue on a new song, but will keep trying, and in the meantime this should allow you to work on this song without crashes.

As a rule, you'd only use Bar Settings on bar 1 for muting tracks for an introduction. There'd never be a reason to change time signatures on bar 1, it's better to just start with a style that uses the meter you want.

The Dropbox link in your original post did work for me, by the way.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums