PG Music Home
Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your Band-in-a-Box folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within the program, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!
BIAB 2018 is going to need a hell of a lot more regular patch updates than the July one.

This program frankly is as buggy as hell. In particular wherever hosting VST/AU plugins is concerned.

Maybe a public beta program would help. Like the ABLETON people do.

Or just biting the bullet and selling BIAB to a company with the resources financially to pay for a the resources to hire a bigger developer team to do an entire overhaul - a company like Yamaha.

Many other software companies have a quarterly dot-update cycle or such.

And I know of many iOS one-man developers of some ultra cool iOS music apps who have a far better and professional support regimen.

I think it is highly unacceptable for BIAB users to in effect - wait all year - and have to pay for a complete yearly update - for bug fixes - only to be faced with all the NEW bugs that came along for the ride when a new feature was added or enhanced. When ALL they want and need is for the frigging bugs to be fixed. no more.
Posted By: w Re: Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday - 10/13/18 02:28 PM
Thanks Callie . That is an excellent reminder.

In reference to the comments by nonchai :

Here is an interesting write up about the history of the Band...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-in-a-Box

As noted in the article PG Music continues to develop the software, with annual releases on each platform . Windows releases come out first and then Mac OSX releases .

Unfortunately Mac OS X releases are sloooow to come with recent updates creating more problems than solving old problems . Although, the Mac operating system is also constantly changing and improving whereas the Windows system has only had odd tweaks .

Another factor may be that sales of Windows is greater than Mac .

I have/use ABLETON and it is far from a perfect DAW .

Band in a Box is very unique and I;m glad PG is constantly developing and improving this software .

© PG Music Forums