PG Music Home
How do I get 'round this message about missing folder..?

Does this happen on all of your RealTracks, and RealDrums or just some?

Are you running the program from the USB hard drive?

If not, you would need to tell the program where your RealTracks and Drums folders are.
That is done in Windows- RealTracks Settings, and Windows-RealDrums Settings.
Hi,

It looks like you have typed in the path to your RealTracks and Drums folders incorrectly.

Go to the Windows menu and click on RealTracks Settings. The "Use a custom folder...." box should be checked. Underneath is where the path is entered. Instead of trying to type in the path exactly right, you could click on the [Folder...] button, and use the Open dialog to navigate and select the RealTracks folder.

Then, repeat this for the Drums by going to Windows menu | RealDrums Settings.

I am assuming you have installed the Band-in-a-Box program to your Mac hard drive. If you are actually running Band-in-a-Box directly from the external hard AudioPhile hard drive then you don't need to set a custom folder location and should uncheck that "use a custom folder" box.
Sorry I wasn't more specific, the programme is being run from its original usb hard drive and it's ONLY this style and demo song that has shown up the error.
For the past few days I've been auditioning all the incredible styles and soloists etc via their demos and I must congratulate you on some really REAL "Realtracks."
Hi Basil, kev brown here, just got the software too and amazed at the real kits/ bass etc, I get that pop up window all the time from my 'install' ( everything in right place ) but the outboard hard drive works ok.
Quote:

being run from its original usb hard drive and it's ONLY this style and demo song that has shown up the error.

Yes - we have identified the problem with that one style, and will fix it in the next patch release. To work around it, you could open up an all MIDI style (with a similar feel and tempo), and then assign those same RealTracks in the song. This will be ok, since all the tracks will be RealTracks.

Quote:

Hi Basil, kev brown here, just got the software too and amazed at the real kits/ bass etc, I get that pop up window all the time from my 'install' ( everything in right place ) but the outboard hard drive works ok.

I think that in your case, the problem *is* that you haven't chosen the correct folder...
© PG Music Forums