PG Music Home
Posted By: Svenne convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 12/09/09 03:09 PM
Hi all
I wonder if it's possible to convert the realtracks from pc to mac.
The folders and file names look very much the same (.ST2, .XT2 etc.) only difference are the soundfiles which are wma on PC and mp4 on mac (which is easely converted).
I'm now on a PC, but plan to buy a Macbook.
I don't know if this is legal (another question), but I'm on a tight budget and it would be nice to save some money in buying the cheapest Mac pack solution and then convert some of the realtracks from my PC ultrapack for use on the Mac.

cheers
Posted By: Mac Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 12/10/09 01:03 AM
Sounds like you already figured it out, man.

Convert 'em and drop in the right folders with the other files.

Be advised that there could be timing probs on the looping if your conversion proggie adds or subtracts header timing at the front of the file for whatever reason, though.

--Mac
Posted By: cjicjun Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 05/25/12 04:12 PM
so, which wma to m4a batch converter is the best choice to convert realtracks?... i tried easywma and switch plus but there is timing issue....

thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 05/27/12 02:26 AM
It's possible to run the PC version of BIAB on a Mac using Boot Camp without issues.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=347332&Main=347293

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: cjicjun Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 05/27/12 07:14 AM
Yes I know ,BootCamp is ready for BIAB and it is installed already on my Mac Pro, but my workstation is Logic Studio so, switching between MacOs and Win is boring ...

thanks
Posted By: solidrock Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 06/09/12 06:45 AM
Quote:

Hi all
I wonder if it's possible to convert the realtracks from pc to mac.
cheers

Make sure you rename the Library folder in the Realtracks folder to LibraryM
so your holds still work.
I'm using the AudioPhile version that uses wav files it works fine with MACBAIB,
you can try FormatFactory (untick Ask Toolbar) if you have just got the wma files,
choose Audio M4A click Add Folder (RealTracks) > tick Entire Tree > Filter *.wma
and set it to Output to Source File Folder (make sure you have enough space).
Just do a few first and check the timing.
I just did a Crossgrade so now I can boot up on the Mac HD or Win7 HD
Just need RealBand for Mac now !

Bob...
Posted By: Zeero Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 02/13/13 12:13 AM
I'm switching to mac, Svenne or someone have solved the timing problem in the wma to m4a conversion?
Posted By: Oleg Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 02/14/13 01:42 PM
There may be an easier solution, if you plan to purchase a version for Mac OS/X. I faced the same issue when I moved from PC to Mac a couple of years ago. At the time I owned the EverythingPAC for PC. I called PG Music and they very graciously agreed to sell me the Mac EverythingPAC for the price of an upgrade from a previous version. You may want to wait a bit, as the 2013 version for Mac is due to come out soon.

Regards,
Oleg.
Posted By: VladimirS Re: convert Realtracks PC/MAC - 02/15/18 06:27 AM
Hi guys, anybody tried this converter? Seems to work good, at least with my .wma music files ;-)

https://amvidia.com/to-m4a-converter
© PG Music Forums