PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Going Home - 03/05/10 10:23 PM
Tonight will be the last night in the RV. Going home in the morning and my nightmare is finally over. My daughter has finished with her physical therapy from her Swine Flu / ARDS illness. They gave her a 10% chance to survive and she truly is a miracle. She is on her feet again and even walking the stairs at the facility. Her mind is in tact and we have never seen ANY sign of brain damage from being intubated or when they "bagged" her for 30 minutes one morning. Her vocal chords and voice are fine as well after being intubated for almost 3 months.

It will be 4 months to the day tomorrow that we have been away from home. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again.

I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the prayer, well wishes and support here. Thank You !!!!

Eddie
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Going Home - 03/05/10 10:33 PM
Great news Eddie. That is a miracle. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Going Home - 03/05/10 11:24 PM
More than a few angels sitting on your family's shoulders, Eddie. So glad it worked out OK.
Truly a wonderful, wonderful resolution.

Ian
Posted By: MarioD Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 12:08 AM
GREAT news.

God bless you and your family.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 12:29 AM
Great news. Praise the Lord!

Don S.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 01:20 AM
Wonderful news Eddie, may God continue to bless you guys.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 02:40 AM
You're an exemplary dad for your faithful attendance at the bedside of your child. Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow!
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 02:59 AM
Truly great news, Eddie!! I have a little baby daughter and can't imagine anything like this happening to her. You and your daughter are blessed for sure. Your total commitment to her will shine for years to come.

Ed
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 03:46 AM
Trax,

After the smoke clears and you get some rest, you should write a song about this. Your observations could be a real source of strength and encouragement to others who are living through similar ordeals. Your audience would be a large one. "Man is prone to trouble as the sparks fly upward"

When people take action to positively affect the course of this world, it's like dropping a pebble in a pond.. except that we have no idea how far the ripples of that brief act will travel.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 04:13 AM
Eddie,

I'm really happy for you and your daughter. There were a lot of prayers going up for her.

Bob
Posted By: toucher Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 06:37 AM
Trax.........My wife and I are so happy for your family........we've had our own miracles the last few years, and we are rejoicing with you in yours......

God bless Brother

Rob and Kathleen
Posted By: silvertones Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 12:22 PM
Great news!
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Going Home - 03/06/10 05:25 PM
Eddie,

A couple of months ago I was pushing to complete an online course which required extensive typing. In the process I developed severe, intractable pain in my right upper back and shoulder. Massage, ointments, and meds provided palliative relief, but nothing was therapeutic. This went on for weeks. The pain would awaken me from sleep. I even had to stop typing for a while, not a real option since the career I was hoping to enter required even more typing. So I called in the strongest prayer warrior I know--my mother.

In three days the pain was gone. It has not returned.

The point is, I called in heat on your daughter's condition as well: my mother, my brother (a missionary in Japan), and my sister, a strong believer and lay worker in her church. I don't claim to be any kind of a believer, but I know what works.

Her physicians were probably right. They are likely even more amazed than the rest of us when all of their training and experience is shown to be wrong, but "the fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much." Her illness didn't stand a chance before the barrage of prayer from this community and unknown others.

Best wishes to you and your daughter in her new life.

Richard
Posted By: mglinert Re: Going Home - 03/07/10 09:25 AM
wonderful news Eddie - hope the swift recovery continues.
Posted By: tributeman Re: Going Home - 03/07/10 12:35 PM
Hi Eddie,As I havent been on here that long I didnt know about your daughters illness but Im glad she seems to have turned the corner.I will say a prayer that her progress continues on upwards Cheers Frankie
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Going Home - 03/07/10 02:08 PM
Thanks for sharing your happiness.
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Going Home - 03/08/10 06:01 PM
Eddie,
Proof positive that God answers prayers.

God's great blessings to you and your family, and look forward to that bed.

Gary
Posted By: davemilleruk Re: Going Home - 03/08/10 06:20 PM
Simply wonderful to hear Eddie....God bless you all!

Re: Going Home.... There's a song waiting to be written there....
Posted By: retake Re: Going Home - 03/08/10 08:05 PM
Praise God!
Posted By: RickeG Re: Going Home - 03/08/10 08:27 PM
Eddie, that is great news! An assuring word from the Lord is He never promised us that we would not experience hardships and tribulations. Instead, what He promises is that He will be with us THROUGH the trials and tribulations. (Pslam 23)

Now, go and enjoy life again with your sweet angel!

Cheers~
RickeG
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Going Home - 03/08/10 10:31 PM
"The Eagle Has Landed!"

We are all home together now. I will cherish this day forever.

I am happy to share the good news with you.

Thanks again,

Eddie
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Re: Going Home - 03/09/10 01:40 PM
Quote:

Great news. Praise the Lord!

And maybe a little thanks to the doctors also. I think they deserve it.

Glad your girl is ok again. All the best for you.

Sandra
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Going Home - 03/09/10 10:13 PM
Yes, the doctors kept her comfortable and breathing via intubation. I am thankful he put the right people in the right places for her.

Eddie
© PG Music Forums