PG Music Home
Posted By: senn5 TC Helicon 2 or Digitech Live 4 ??? - 04/03/10 12:46 AM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I 'm curious if any of you guys have experience with any of these. I'm trying out a Digitech Live 3 right now, and although it sounds great in a "live" situation, I'm not so sure its great for studio work?? Does sound mechanical when recorded?
I don't do any live performances anymore, just mess around here in my home studio, do a few demos for some friends etc, and record mainly for myself.
I;ve seen demos on utube of the Live 4, and it seems there are alot more ways of "humanizing" for lack of a better term.

At any rate, if any of you have suggestions or input here, I would greatly appreciate your help.

And before I get flamed here with nothing beats the "real harmony". I realize that, but I don't have the Statler Bros living next door to help me out from time to time......lol

Thanks in advance for your help..:)
Posted By: Mike sings Re: TC Helicon 2 or Digitech Live 4 ??? - 04/03/10 12:58 PM
Well, I am biased of course, but the TC products sound much better and life-like than the Digitech stuff.
I use the TC VoiceLive 2 and I find it to be a complete vocal processor with incredible harmonies and a lot of other vocal effects. This YouTube-video shows Tom Lang presenting some presets. Yes, this is what you get right out of the box, no tweeking needed for these sounds! (Yes, I've checked if the video was real: I got the same results (well, with my own voice of course ) )

I use the VoiceLive 2 live with my band and in the (home) studio. Bought the unit in June, and still having incredible fun everytime I use it!!!
Posted By: JEP Re: TC Helicon 2 or Digitech Live 4 ??? - 04/04/10 10:01 PM
Thank you Mike for pointing me to the TC video. Can't afford it right now, tho...

- Jepster
© PG Music Forums