PG Music Home
Posted By: Frans Brink Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/06/10 10:15 AM
Placed order for the UltraPlusPAK April 1 at 17.00 CEST. UPS just came by today April 6. That´s less than TWO business-days (we´ve had four days easter-holidays) delivery US to SWE!!! I´m impressed, to say the least! Only downside - swedish toll/tax took $40, but then Sweden is woldleading when it comes to taxes.

BTW: What happens if I, for some reason, lose the contens on my BiaB-harddrive
Can I make a backup on another HD?
Posted By: John Conley Re: Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/06/10 11:27 AM
I always install it to my main drive C:\

Then I park the hard drive that it came on on the shelf.

Another plan would be to buy a bigger drive and copy it there and use that for songs etc.

There are issues with many computers having poor power to the device, so you have a double headed cable. On two of my computers that cable won't charge my blackberry, but will run the hard drive.

As nothing writes to the registry, the only part of the software that needs to be installed on your system are the fonts and plugins.
Posted By: jford Re: Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/06/10 12:40 PM
If I remember correctly from a previous thread, there are a couple of hidden files on the USB hard drive. Make sure you have enabled Windows to see hidden files before you copy everything over.

I found that if you copy the contents of the USB drive to a different drive and put it under its own sub-folder, then you can't install from that sub-folder. However, with XP and Vista, you can use the "subst" command to substitute a drive letter for that sub-folder and then install it. For Windows 7, the "subst" command wouldn't work for me, however. So instead I just "shared" the subfolder and then mapped a network drive to that sharename.
Posted By: Frans Brink Re: Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/06/10 07:56 PM
OK, thx guys.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/07/10 03:00 AM
Thanks Carl,
Yes, you can backup the HD any way that you want - its not copy protected.
Posted By: Frans Brink Re: Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/07/10 12:43 PM
Because I only have two USB-connections on my MacBook and I need those for my keyboard and soundcard I´ve copied BiaB to an Firewire HD. Works great!!!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Speedy delivery!!!! - 04/07/10 01:05 PM
Good to hear. Enjoy.
© PG Music Forums