PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 01:55 AM
Has anyone heard from Russ lately? I haven't seen him post in awhile.

Thanks,

Trax
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 02:01 AM
His last posts were the third week in March, during beta testing.

Russ, hope you're OK!
Posted By: Oren Fisher Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 02:56 AM
Russ is the main man. Consequently, in great demand.
Posted By: guitarman Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 08:54 AM
He's probably off somewhere flying his model airplanes.

Go on Russ,give us a wave,and don't fly into the Ash that's
over the UK.

Alan
Posted By: filkertom Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 09:07 AM
Hurry back, Russ, we miss you.
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 02:53 PM
I heard he was contemplating Arizona, which just passed a concealed-carry-n0-permit-needed law...

I might move back to Sun City, despite the possibility I'll contract Valley Fever....the Mexicans have been running thousands of illegals over the border in jitney cabs with false i.d.'s

Russ, we need help at the border!!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 03:37 PM
i too have noticed the void. please check in russ, we miss you.
Posted By: WienSam Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 03:54 PM
Where are you, Russ? What are you up to?

Come back now, please!
Posted By: rharv Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 03:56 PM
He's alive and well.

He'll pop up for air soon.
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 05:40 PM
Pop! GASP! GASP! (Popping up for air)

Hey y'all I'm fine. As has been mentioned I'm busy flying my RC planes. (Or should I say crashing 'em. ) Anyway I lurk around here a good bit too to see what's going on with my mates.

I'll be posting a tune soon. Keep yer eyes out for it.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 06:06 PM
RC planes always intrigued me.
Russ being that you're a country boy give a listen to some covers I've done and give me your FB.
Thanks
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/17/10 07:10 PM
Ok, Thanks Russ.

Great to see you buddy.

Trax
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/18/10 01:42 PM
To anyone who hasn't done so yet, goto Johns web page and listen to the work he's done. He has one fine voice. Thanks for pointing that out to me John.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/18/10 05:54 PM
Thanks Russ.
A little background as you weren't around when I first posted them.
These are my live tracks. Except of course the bass and vocals. Mixed in mono. I use a harmonizer for harmonies.
Secret Agent Man was just a little fun to show the versatility of RB. An old R&R song written in a minor key with a blue grass fiddle.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/18/10 06:34 PM
Hey Russ,

Good to know you are fine. I fly RC Heli's. Just wanted to know what you are flying? Here is a funny video of me flying a Electric Heli off a cruise ship in Cabo san Lucas, Mexico. I got some good altitude, considering the wind.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqeeJJibGA

Ed
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/18/10 11:29 PM
Russ,
RC airplane flying is FUN! I have a Hobbico NexStar, but it hasn't flown in five years. I've been considering upgrading it to electric and see if that's a little better, but out here, there isn't too many places to fly.

Ed, if you like RC Heli, you'll LOVE this. A friend of mine, when I was back on the east coast, built it.

http://www.catsmeowcafe.com/video/jetcopter.wmv

It's a VERY big file

http://www.catsmeowcafe.com/video/jetcopter2.wmv

A much bigger file.

I never saw the final product, as I had moved.

Gary
Posted By: John Conley Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/19/10 01:21 AM
* Re: Russ DeMussel

You guys are nuts. Crazy planes? What you should do is hook up with the Homie Seecurity guys (I hope that doesn't hit their computers..) and fly over the commie nation to the north. We are cutting generic drug prices by another 60 percent or so...dangerous stuff. And it goes generic after only a few years. You could help catch those seniors smuggling Acid reflux meds into the US. I heard we get them made out of draino in china and ...well.

The Canadian music awards are on tonight the Junos don't juo know. All the perfomances are available for download on CTV. Google it..Buble did a nice opening and won the first award.

Warning, opening act was the BareNaked Ladies, who played here in London last night and flew out to Newfoundland for the show right after. If you don't like bare naked, don't go there...LOL
Posted By: JamesChandlerJr Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/19/10 02:51 AM
Here is an amateur brit fellow who switched from RC Helicopters to weather balloons for altitude photography. Pretty impressive results.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/balloon...ory?id=10210658
Posted By: Mac Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/19/10 11:22 AM
"Flying the RC 'copter is easy enough, it is exactly like balancing two steel balls on knives while riding a bicycle." -- Anon

LOL

--Mac
Posted By: cchallum Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/19/10 12:33 PM
Russ,

Great to know all is well with you.....speaking of RC 'copters, check out the "MikroKopter" (also call the "HexaCopter" for the obvious reason):

http://vimeo.com/groups/5484/videos/6194911

From what I can tell, it sells for around $1,500, but, I haven't found a site where one can order it just yet (although I haven't looked around aggressively in the past few days)....does anyone know more about its cost and a source for purchase?

We're want to change it to WiFi controlled for some experimental purposes. How about the onboard GPS....one could probably read water meters (cough, cough) with this puppy and have it do many other fun thingys as well (since you can put in waypoints as well).

cchallum
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/19/10 07:32 PM
Mac,
While I've never flown either RC Heli or the real thing, especially with the RC, there are some pretty sophisticated electronics available now that make it a lot easier than what it used to be.

Stability Augmentation systems have arrived (years ago) for the RC world, making things a lot easier than what it was before that.

Yes, you really do need to know what you're doing, but I think we've stepped back from 'knife's edge' to a wide, flat piece of wood.

Gary
Posted By: Mac Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/19/10 09:22 PM
Gary,

I know.

I was involved with some of the earliest research into that stuff at Carnegie Mellon.

Tele-operated RC heli begat autonomous RC heli.

The team put one together that was used to get inside an underground nuke "bubble" that didn't implode. The scientists wanted to be able to see what was in there, but it was kinda hot, if you know what I mean.

--Mac
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/20/10 01:29 AM
Okay.

Gary
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/20/10 05:10 PM
I don't fly heli's. I fly planes. Gliders, mostly. Electric gliders. I don't fool with gas anymore. I even converted my Ucontrol airplane to electric. Only thing bad about electric is, if you build a silhouette model, everythings exposed.

On a couple of my planes the electronic gear is placed in such a way that it gives the plane a sophisticated look. The downside to electrics are the batteries. You need a few and they ain't cheap. But they do last a long time and there's no mess with fuel and noisy motors. Well ... that last statement isn't exactly true. Some of the electric motors make as much, if not more, noise than the gas engines do. Just depends on the motors being used.

This last Christmas my oldest grandson gave me an RC heli. Never got to fly it. My #2 grandson went outside and broke it in a crash. Actually, not broke, but lost a piece of the balancer. Maybe I'll order the piece, if I ever get interested in flying heli's.
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/20/10 05:43 PM
Hey with that Hexakopter and a camera you could go looking for Big Foot and have your own TV show. New career in UFO hunting.
Wyndham
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Russ DeMussel - 04/20/10 07:40 PM
Russ,
I've never flown R/C Heli, if I was still flying, I might have tried it by now. There are some seriously interesting devices out there.

Did you get a chance to look at the video(s) I put up?

Gary
© PG Music Forums