PG Music Home
This Norwegian trumpet player has had a bunch of videos posted. She finished the song and the dark sky seemed to part and the sun came out. It's supposed to last for a few days! Cool, another dump of 30 cm of snow overnight, some one needs to stop signing 'Let it Snow!'.

Enjoy this short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw8-OK1-aC0
Thanks for the link John. That's very pretty, so's she

Say, do you think that's a "C" trumpet she's playing? It seems a little out of proportion to itself for a Bb one; the bell is long compared to the position of the main tuning slide.
Eb? I've seen pics of her before, and they can do wonders with soft focus and make up. I bet if you met her on the street with no makeup and a pair of those jeans my daughter gets that come worn out before you wear them you'd hardly pay any attention.

Well maybe if you are like my friends who have to pretend not to notice, my wife told my buddie's wife she was making a liar out him....she always says to me..'check this one out..." LOL

Ah well...
Lawrie, yes, that's a C trumpet.
I just watched the video. For my ears it's in F. And she had the first finger down. Ha...a clue.
Yes, the song is in F.
The music for that piece is on the free Christmas sheet music website I posted in this forum. I printed the music in F and G for the horn. The wife and I have run through it a couple of times, me on the baritone and she on the flute. We were going to do it earlier as we had a 'gig' at 4 in the 'posh' apartment building up near the big park, where you pay 1500 a month for an apartment or more. There were about 300 people there, we did Christmas stuff, some Celtic stuff, and then a carol sing. Really frustrating to try and adapt my hearing aids and live playing. Oh well..
Thanks John, I enjoyed that. Like you, I play duets with my wife on flute. I had never heard a trio with that combo of instruments before, but those ladies made it work very nicely. We played a medley piece with Silent Night and Bleak Mid-Winter sort of interspersed at our church a week ago. The Bleak Mid-winter arrangement is by James Curnow.

Stan
Quote:

I've seen pics of her before, and they can do wonders with soft focus and make up. I bet if you met her on the street with no makeup and a pair of those jeans my daughter gets that come worn out before you wear them you'd hardly pay any attention.

Probably, but that applies to sooo many others too. Still, I never object to a little eye candy now and then

Matt, thanks for the confirmation mate.
sorry about being "picky"here but I didnt think the harp worked that well with the trumpet but overall I enjoyed it..it is one of my favourite tunes.Frankie
Does anyone know where I can find this music now? My son wants to play this arrangement for Christmas? I saw here that it was posted on a free Christmas website but there's no link to it.
Any ideas?
© PG Music Forums