PG Music Home
Since Matt Finley was kind enough to share some Latin tunes with us earlier today, I thought I'd offer a little ZIP file of 40 unusual .SGU standards and jazz standards that were originally hard for me to find. The ZIP is so small, it's quicker to download it than to prepare the list. Not everyone will want these -- there's tunes like:

Baby Mine
South to a Warmer Place
The Ruby and the Pearl
Drinking Again
Ellen David
Our Spanish Love Song
The Meaning Of The Blues
For Lena And Lenny
I Keep Going Back to Joe's
Jim

and 30 others of similar quality.

No melodies, no Real Tracks. I tried to replace custom styles with suitable standard BiaB ones, but I may have missed a few.

http://www.box.net/shared/dbif0rbtkv
Non-standard Standards - wonderful. I recognize some Nat King Cole pieces in there. Looking forward to picking these up and giving them a listen.

Much appreciated!
Hey, baby....ALL RIGHT! "I Remember You/Haunted Heart/Ballad of the Sad Young Men/Can't Get Out of this Mood/House Is Not A Home/I Married An Angel/This Time the Dream's On Me/The Thrill Is Gone"...
Some I've done for many years...very special...certainly a nice present for my 77th year--50 years of it Bistro Singing where things like "Down in the Depths of the 90th Floor" or "Sand In My Shoes" among other
tunes, just 'WENT' with the premises.
Posted By: allis Re: Monkey see, monkey do -- Obscure Standards - 02/23/11 02:38 PM
I hope you can use the tunes, Dan.

But holy cow, Gdaddy! I thought you did only obituaries! Happy birthday, Gate.

Could you post "Down in the Depths of the 90th Floor"? I've never heard of it, and a quick fakebook search falls through. The title is intriguing -- got yer penthouse heartbreak and yer socialite blues right here.

Or would you PM me if you can help in some other way to find a leadsheet?

"Sand in my Shoes" is published in "Jazz of the 50's".
© PG Music Forums