PG Music Home
Several folks on this forum know Dimitar through other forums. About once or twice a week, he posts a little youtube clip of him sitting at his home computer simply doing amazing melodic rock stuff on guitar. Recently, he has scaled BACK his level of gear, to include amongst other things, a cheapo Behringer Fat-Strat knockoff. I can't tell if it's one of them with the USB interface or not.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhfX5-LlPcc&feature=player_embedded

-Scott
Massive talent, Scott.
And he's not hung up on big-dollar gear. Refreshing, thank you!
I've purchased his last 3 CDs that he makes at home. Absolute top-drawer stuff. His drum programming skills are really well-tuned for the style of music that he does. You can stream all of his song snippets from his website, www.nalbantov.com

If you buy from him directly off of his website, one of the cool things is that a couple weeks later a package shows up in the mail with the CDs and cyrillic script on the return address. Makes it feel even more exotic!

I think this guy has taken the chops and tone learned from Satriani, Vai, Eric Johnson and others, and makes much more 'musical/tuneful' music. I'm a big Joe Satriani fan, but Dimitar has melody, rhythmic and orchestration variety in spades compared to Satriani.

I saw G3 when it was Satriani, Vai and Malmsteen. Satch was the most musical of those three, Vai did just unbelievable things with the guitar but it was more flash than meat, and Malmsteen should have left his leather pants at home.

Check out these songs by Dimitar for his variety: Shangri La, Terrestrial Paradise, Remembrance, etc.

You won't hear that on Satch or Vai's recordings. Eric Johnson perhaps, but Eric ruins it when he sings. Dimitar is just guitar shredding joy.
Right on. I've been a fan for a few years now - but it never occurred to me to buy a CD - maybe I'll get on that...
He had a guy producing him, with a live drummer and professional mastering, but I prefer the productions he does himself. Very musical, nicely arranged.
© PG Music Forums