PG Music Home
Posted By: Flatfoot Point of sale software / hardware - 07/07/11 08:27 PM
My client will be putting on seminars all over the country and selling CDs at the seminars. She needs to make sales at various venues. She needs Point-of-sale software that works with q'books, a scanner for barcodes, and magstrip reader for cards, and it all needs to the retail database program back at the office. All of it needs to be highly portable and wireless

Do any of y'all have recent experience with this sore of thing?
Posted By: rharv Re: Point of sale software / hardware - 07/08/11 12:26 AM
Select the software before worrying about scanner and magstrip. It might matter, or might not. But if it does ...

I'd see who Qbooks recommends for software, since that seems to be the remaining requirement. If it works with Qbooks, there is probably a DB feature. Of course *which* database could be a factor too; another reason to consult Qbooks.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Point of sale software / hardware - 07/08/11 02:19 AM
I can tell you that from London, to Scotland, to the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France, every server, without question, except on the ferry to small islands in Scotland, used an electronic system to order our food and make out bill. Crazy.

POS had to be the next big thing here. Integrated, tight, and useful.
© PG Music Forums