PG Music Home
Posted By: Nick Pierce Online Collaboration - 08/04/11 10:12 PM
I'm interning at a site called Notethrower.com and I want to promote its' simplicity. You can basically upload a track and ask for mixing or additional tracks with ease.
Notethrower beta testing open!
Upload your recording session stems, and an mp3 mix to start collaborating with your
own private network of artists, or make it public for anyone to work with.
embed your personal widget player anywhere so your fans can find you.
We'll help get your music licensed.
Please leave suggestions and feedback to help us continue to provide the bestplatform for artists to work together and get paid!
http://youtu.be/PY2jW56o1Zo
Posted By: redguitars Re: Online Collaboration - 08/04/11 10:30 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but the last time someone asked me something like this, they worked for Atlantic Records and wanted to tack an intro onto a few of my songs and then put their name on it in front of mine and publish it. They also sent me the release forms to sign before any publishing contract.

I had my attorney write them a very nice letter.

Wayne Whiteside © Wayne Whiteside, August 4, 2011.
Posted By: rharv Re: Online Collaboration - 08/04/11 10:54 PM
nice

I'm not saying this site is good or bad. I'm just saying I hate URL's that look like that, and sure enough the link lands on a forwarder. Then I stopped investigating.
Not judging, just don't care, if it starts jumping me around the internet I ain't interested.
Build a page if you want visitors, and name it! You didn't even bother with the link text in the UBB code to make the link look better. Fine intern you are.

web-sniffer.net is your friend, if you can read html code at all.
Again, the site may be good, but I don't want to have to start chasing it to find out.
Posted By: redguitars Re: Online Collaboration - 08/04/11 11:19 PM
From his profile, "I'm a huge fan of music but still pretty new to the whole scene."
If this is a real student, he's being used by someone else to scam artists.
If I'm wrong about this, it won't the first time and it won't be the last.

Wayne,
Posted By: rharv Re: Online Collaboration - 08/04/11 11:39 PM
But I'd be surprised.

By 'he' do you mean a person, or bot?
Posted By: redguitars Re: Online Collaboration - 08/04/11 11:42 PM
Good point,
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 05:10 AM
Hmmm.... well, yesterday he couldn't upload his avatar.... I still don't know what that means... just sayin'....

Oh, and as far as the post... I once sat in a movie theater and watched a song I wrote play over the closing credits with someone else's name on it. Nothing leaves my house until I have copyrights now.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 05:33 AM
Most of our spam comes in the form of 1st posts!

This user seemed genuine when he/it started. Oh well.
Posted By: rharv Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 11:04 AM
He may be, but if I was starting a new music collab site called Notethrower.com, the link would not be called youtu.be/PY2jW56o1Zo,
it would be notethrower.com
Posted By: jford Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 11:10 AM
Quote:

the link would not be called youtu.be/PY2jW56o1Zo

Hi, Bob -

You might want to check out this story: YouTu.be Wades Into The Crowded URL Shortening Space
Posted By: rharv Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 11:32 AM
Thanks jford.
I am much like the author of that article; hate these services. And if you are going to start bouncing me; I'm not playing.

Plus this article says that this site will only host videos .. not web sites. Quote-
"and they’re claiming that it will only function for YouTube video links—meaning you can’t get tricked by spammers disguising a link"

How'd that work so far? I think there may be a Spammer disquising a link above.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 12:02 PM
Quote:

Oh, and as far as the post... I once sat in a movie theater and watched a song I wrote play over the closing credits with someone else's name on it. Nothing leaves my house until I have copyrights now.

What was the name of the movie?
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 12:06 PM
Quote:

He may be, but if I was starting a new music collab site called Notethrower.com, the link would not be called youtu.be/PY2jW56o1Zo,
it would be notethrower.com

FWIW, the post's tag line (his personal songs) leads to notethrower.com
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 12:44 PM
It fits his avatar...Note thrower.
Posted By: rharv Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 02:06 PM
Like I said, I wasn't judging the site.
I was actually letting him know he would be much more successful if he didn't bounce people around and gave an honest link.
If you want me to check out notethrower.com, no problem; just give me a link to notethrower, not some cryptic forwarding site. Once the bouncing starts your browser follows .. to wherever they want you to go. Sorry, I'm not that trusting. I like to choose where I go.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Online Collaboration - 08/05/11 02:28 PM
Quote:

What was the name of the movie?

Lawyers have instructed me not to reveal that due to further damage that I could do.

Remember from my posts that I am not a shrinking violet and I have a wicked sense of humor. Also remember that a wicked sense of humor turned bitter can be quite vicious. Some things went down about this that I am fairly sure a judge and his bailiff still laugh about often.
© PG Music Forums