PG Music Home
Hi,

Just spotted this on ebay and thought what a great price for a first time purchase of BIAB.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAND-BOX-ULTRA...295427781670538

saving $170 on PG's price.

paddy
You know what they say when things are too good to be true!
Well, I used to get all sorts of inquiries about "factory pricing" where I used to work.

I don't think folks truly understand how this works.

At the factory, we sold only for the advertised retail price, with occasional sales.

Our *dealers* however, were allowed to sell the products for whatever the market would bear.

It would not go good for a factory to undersell their dealers. The dealers are not a part of the factory, they are simply independent sales outfits that arrange to purchase product in bulk from the factory, thus able to get a lowered pricepoint on each single item, the markup being their profit margin.

The dealer is allowed to set their own prices and sales, while the factory does not want to undercut their dealer base because the dealera represent the bulk of sales typically.

I don't think there is anything underhanded going on here.

--Mac
Hi Guys!

Don't fret... Musical Progressions is an authorized reseller of PG Music Inc. software - this is indeed a valid purchase option.

Thanks,
Callie
one thought: will you still get the fabulous support and unconditional 30-day money back guarantee? probably not!
Don,

Since Musical Progressions is an authorized dealer, the support would be the same. I don't know about the guarantee, but it would probably be the same.
Well I suppose my timing was right when I bought BIAB back on July 5th. I got the 2011 EverythingPak (hard drive) for 289.99 and I think it was the very next day 2011.5 came out and PG Music gave me a free upgrade. I bought it at ComputerMusicShop.com They were very friendly, helpful and if I remember correctly offered a 15 day guarantee.

BIAB is a great product, very well supported, and one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

Well, this brings up an interesting question.

Nothing against East Coast Music, but they are not listed as an authorized dealer:

http://www.pgmusic.com/distributors.htm#usa

If the link above is out of date, can PGM please update it?
Hi FB,
That page is a list of distributors - ie) entities that sell to dealers. We don't have a list of dealers on our web page.

Ah, ok, Peter, thanks.

How about including a list, then, of authorized dealers?

- Mark
Quote:

Don,

Since Musical Progressions is an authorized dealer, the support would be the same. I don't know about the guarantee, but it would probably be the same.

Point well taken, Bob.
© PG Music Forums