PG Music Home
Posted By: guitarman Backing Track Request - Please - 09/02/11 08:55 AM
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had the backing track to Chet Atkins I'll See You In My Dreams?

I want to try a different style of music,but I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you

Alan
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/05/11 05:25 PM
Hi Alan. Why not see if you can find a decent midi of the song and style then modify it to fit your purposes. That's usually what I do anyway ... or else I make it in BB then do my voodoo on RB or PTW.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/05/11 05:40 PM
alternative ideas:
==================

1) If you know the chords, just enter them into the chord sheet and pick a style

2) If you don't know the chords, import the MP3 into the ACW and extract the chords and timing, then send it back to BIAB and apply a style

3) Russell's idea of using a MIDI file is good if you can find one

4) I've also had some luck searching for a song on youtube, then playing it over and over until I figure out the chords. Then I type 'em into the chord sheet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qTZUXFJfA

5) if you need it in a hurry for a gig, there are lots of places online that sell backing tracks. Surely one of them has it. If not, they might make it for you than add it to their list of available songs

6) search the web for the song's chords.. for example, is this the version you want?
http://www.theguitarguy.com/illseeyo.htm
http://www.freehandmusic.com/sheet-music/ill-see-you-in-my-dreams-115792

if not, keep searching. I got tons of hits when I typed "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS"
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/05/11 08:00 PM
Hi Alan, If it's of any help.....I can send you a BIAB file of my arrangement. The chords are a bit diffent from the Chet version, but you can change it to suit. OR..........I also have the same version I dropped in to SONAR ......this time with RealTracks? Send me a PM with your email address if it suits. Regards, Joe G.
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/06/11 04:24 PM
Thanks guys

I will keep looking.

Pat,your links are very interesting,thank you.

Alan
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/06/11 04:35 PM
Last week, I needed the chords for an out-of-print song. No one had it, so I used the ACW. I had not done so in several years, and I was impressed by the improved functionality. It provided the basic song framework and gave at least the root note, and often the correct chord, certainly saving me time in transcribing the chart.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/06/11 06:46 PM
some time ago, i made the suggestion to include a plug-in that would separate the phantom channel to preserve that musical information and allow further manipulation. exactly opposite a vocal zapper plug. such a plug could be very helpful in alan's situation but it fell on deaf ears. any center channel information could be thus isolated for study, hopefully lead parts etc. with a differential amplifier the signal could be "tracked" if off center by tweaking the cmrr. mac and james chandler know from whence i speak. unfortunately, i've failed to spark an interest in such a plug-in. if you think it would be fun to molest center channel information then here's your chance to be heard.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/06/11 11:20 PM
Quote:

some time ago, i made the suggestion to include a plug-in that would separate the phantom channel to preserve that musical information and allow further manipulation. exactly opposite a vocal zapper plug. such a plug could be very helpful in alan's situation but it fell on deaf ears. any center channel information could be thus isolated for study, hopefully lead parts etc. with a differential amplifier the signal could be "tracked" if off center by tweaking the cmrr. mac and james chandler know from whence i speak. unfortunately, i've failed to spark an interest in such a plug-in. if you think it would be fun to molest center channel information then here's your chance to be heard.

Hmm... that's a good Idea Don. But maybe we don't even need a special plugin. I'm going to take a simple song and run it through the ACW after EQing it in different ways to see if there is a frequency favored by the chordal instruments such as keyboard or guitar. Its the decorative instruments that confuse the algorithm, I think.

I'll report back if I see a trend worth mentioning.
Posted By: Shastastan Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 12:26 AM
A few times when I've not been able to find a freebie on the net, I've found something that I can use on Amazon for 99 cents. Like some above have said, you can run the ACW on an mp3 file. From my experience, it's sometimes easier to just make your own from a source that you can easily find. FWIW

Stan
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 02:33 AM
Quote:

maybe we don't even need a special plugin. I'm going to take a simple song and run it through the ACW after EQing it in different ways to see if there is a frequency favored by the chordal instruments such as keyboard or guitar. Its the decorative instruments that confuse the algorithm, I think.

I'll report back if I see a trend worth mentioning.

OK, I spent all evening messing with this, and I did't see a dramatic difference in ACWs abilty to get the chords right if the EQ was tweaked before sending the audio to it. There were some small differences if the bass frequencies were accentuated (got more chords where there was previously no chord change detected)
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 08:25 AM
Pardon my ignorance,what is ACW?

Alan
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 09:54 AM
Hi Alan, ACW is äudio chord wizard.
"This amazing wizard automatically figures out the chords from any MP3, WAV, or WMA (Windows Media Audio) file and displays them in Band-in-a-Box."

Go to "Help" & enter ACW.
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 02:43 PM
Hi Keith

Thanks for the explanation.

I lost touch with BIAB when Real Band and Instruments came available.

I could never get anything to work.

Alan
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 03:18 PM
Alan, You don't know what you are missing........If I can work with Real Tracks and get great results.....anyone can! Regards, Joe G.
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 03:40 PM
Thanks Joe

One problem I had which I guess everyone has to contend with is finding a Style
that suits the song I am working on.

There are so many to choose from,I seemed to spend more time searching than
playing or composing.

Alan
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 04:41 PM
Alan, What I have done is pick 4 or 5 styles.....tweak them to suit......then experiment with Real Tracks. Into the DAW and then record my LIVE instruments. Then I can spend time making music.....(that suits me!). The beauty of BIAB NOW is it's ability to be used in so many different ways! Regards, Joe G
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 06:12 PM
Hi Joe

Sounds like you know your way round BIAB but may I ask, how
you knew which 4 or 5 styles to pick in the first place?

Alan
Posted By: Mac Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 06:43 PM
Try searching the stylepicker for instances of "Chet" for starters, Alan.

There are some older MIDI styles that would likely fill the bill for the song you want to do.

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 07:03 PM
alan, there are some real styles of chet that sound quite authentic. with a bit of tweaking they might suit your needs. are you aware that "song picker" works like an "excel" spreadsheet. just click the column header to sort by that column. that might help you in isolating something.
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/07/11 07:14 PM
Alan, For my kind of music I chose a couple of Jazz (Dixieland/New Orleans) and a couple of Country(Haggard etc) and I often swap the instruments around......for a Bluesy thing I might have the Country Bass with Jazz guitar & drums etc. But as others have said....experimenting is fun.....but making music is what it's all about.Joe G.
Posted By: jim111 Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/08/11 12:51 AM
I'm no help on the backing tracks, but here's a link to great solo performance that you might steal a couple of licks from. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW16sqYUAqc&feature=related
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/08/11 08:45 AM
Hi All

Thank you for the replies,as it is a while since I have had BIAB installed, and the drive it was on has long since stopped working,I am in touch with PG Customer Services to find out which version I had,and which upgrade path I can take.

Very nice lady called Gail is helping me out,I hope to be back in the fold quite soon.

Alan
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/08/11 06:34 PM
Hi Guys

Good news,I have found my original discs,it is to BIAB 2009 UltraPak+.

I also have Real Drums Sets 1 to 20
Real Tracks sets 1 to 39

Question is,do I need to upgrade and to what?
Or will what I have be enough to get started?

Alan
Posted By: Mac Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/08/11 09:06 PM
Alan, I'd first install it and search the good old MIDI styles for the "chet" stuff, it may be all that you need, especially if you have a fair to middlin' good sounding MIDI synth solution. Likely all you need is MIDI bassline and drums, or perhaps slubstitute a RealDrum.

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/08/11 09:50 PM
Quote:

Very nice lady called Gail is helping me out,I hope to be back in the fold quite soon.

the pg support staff is second to none.

welcome back, amigo!
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/09/11 11:18 AM
Thanks Guys

I will get on with installing the Drum Sets and the Real Tracks Sets,then I need to work out how to use them,so don't be surprised if I come back asking sily questions,after all I will be classed as a Newby,He He.

Mac,I will follow your suggestion,thanks.

Hi Don,thanks for the welcome,I was out in the cold for a while but things are getting decidedly warmer now.

Alan
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/09/11 06:30 PM
I can offer a Gypsy version (BIAB file). This song is in most Gypsy players repertoire (in mine too).
You can see me play it live here:

http://www.sandrasherman.com/media/Ill-See-You-In-My-Dreams.wmv

Lemme know if you want me to send you the BIAB Playalong I created for it.

Sandra
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/09/11 07:47 PM
Sandra,
Just awesome. Sounds a lot like Django. I'm not sure what Alan is looking for, but your playing is just phenomenal!

Gary
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/09/11 07:49 PM
Thanks Gary. That was not my best take, but since I thought it`s a good idea to let Alan hear what the song sounds like in Gypsy style, I put it on.

Sandra
Posted By: Mac Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/09/11 10:26 PM
Not Chet's style nor arrangement (Chet's signature Intro is likely a very large part of what Alan is after) but I must congratulate Sandra on yet another good old good 'un. Swingin' a bit harder on this one, Sandra. yeah.

--Mac
Posted By: guitarman Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/10/11 11:01 AM
Hi All

Mac's correct regarding Chet's style,I have only just begun to get into that way
of playing,and I reckon I should learn the tune before I go in for the fancy stuff.

Sandra,it was a very nice performance,and it was nice to see you had the best of order from the audience,well done.

Thank you

Alan
Posted By: Mac Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/10/11 11:24 AM
I called that "Chet's signature intro" - but it really isn't Chet's. Chet took the arrangment made hugely popular by the Andrews Sisters and basically transcribed it for his guitar style. I don't know who is really the creator of that arrangement.

--Mac
Posted By: gibson Re: Backing Track Request - Please - 09/10/11 01:09 PM
That was excellent, VERY enjoyable!

Alyn
© PG Music Forums