PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Fun photo - 09/27/11 02:11 AM
Help!!! I'm surrounded!

Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 04:04 AM
I think you need a few more keyboards, Lol!

My Music
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 04:23 AM
Like.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 11:51 AM
...picture explains it all. Great to see you...
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 01:50 PM
Eddie, this is your lucky day. I run EKEC, Electronic Keyboard Exterminator Corporation. Just send me a PM with your home address on it and I will come out and free you

PS – great looking studio
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 02:16 PM
if zoos had an exhibit labeled "North American musician in its natural habitat" the cage might look something like this picture
Posted By: John Conley Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 03:09 PM
I synthpatsize with you eh?
Posted By: rharv Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 03:55 PM
Good idea, for insurance purposes. Now you got a picture of all your boards if anything ever happens! I need to do that one day. Should have done it when I had everything pulled out for new carpet .. but I didn't.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 04:12 PM
Quote:

Good idea, for insurance purposes. Now you got a picture of all your boards if anything ever happens! I need to do that one day. Should have done it when I had everything pulled out for new carpet .. but I didn't.

hey good idea..
I think I'll make a photo shop collage of multiple expensive instruments I don't own, and....

(given the ability to do that, are photos still considered proof of anything to an insurance company?)
Posted By: rharv Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 04:51 PM
In my case they could serve as a reminder, and *some* proof is better than nothing. A few years ago I walked around the house with a video camera to log our belongings and stored it online. That way we can prove we had at least a hundred bucks worth of stuff.. but the keyboards in storage weren't logged, just the cases.

Would also help in case of theft to show it indeed was your stuff they found in the raid.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 06:30 PM
Quote:

Good idea, for insurance purposes. Now you got a picture of all your boards if anything ever happens! I need to do that one day.

Actually every piece of gear I own is in a spreadsheet with the serial number, a photo of the item, a close up of the serial number, cost new, amount paid, and replacement estimate. All 8 keyboards, all 3 controllers, 8 guitars, 3 saxes, a flute, Line 6 amp, rack gear....... that spreadsheet is stored in 7 places, including a flash drive I keep in my pocket.

AND my guitars all have a special mark somewhere on them. Each guitar has it in a different place and each mark is different.

Remember, just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 07:34 PM
Now I know why I can't find a good keybord in the market place . . . YOU GOT'EM ALL!

Later,
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 10:17 PM
Quote:

Actually every piece of gear I own is in a spreadsheet with the serial number, a photo of the item, a close up of the serial number, cost new, amount paid, and replacement estimate. All 8 keyboards, all 3 controllers, 8 guitars, 3 saxes, a flute, Line 6 amp, rack gear....... that spreadsheet is stored in 7 places, including a flash drive I keep in my pocket.

Good God, an organized musician!!

Now I really have seen everything...

Bob
Posted By: John Conley Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 11:04 PM
Yup, as a fire investigator the most fun was often with the 'statement' of claim.

Funny how stuff previously reported stolen and denied, gets added again. The hard part is knowing, but being unable to make the arrest.

Then once the adjuster and the investigator get the person to diagram what was where. Then back to the scene with a grid search and inventory. It's pretty hard to destroy anything all the way, at least as pertains to getting serial numbers, etc.

The I had 3 computers, 4 flat screens, and other stuff moments. Then once you can prove it is not there, the fraud charge follows. Maybe not arson, might be too circumstantial.

I've seen almost every version of the possible scams, and when the first red flag goes up the insurance company takes their sweet time.

Just remember, your favorite 10 year old keyboard is probably insured for nothing.

And to add insult to injury so to speak, unless you have a rider on your gear, they are going to say, ok, we can pay for one, but no way you are covered due to the exclusion clause that says they pay for replacement of normal family equipment. This may exclude your Sony a77 camera (mine's on order), and your 5,000.00 keyboard. I have a rider for my Bose gear, keyboards, camera, and I think it was 8.60 per month more. That's only 3 beers eh?

Once the flattened house has the roof removed, the attic insulation removed, and the ceiling removed, the stuff that was in rooms away from the actual starting point may have survived to a degree. The plastic melts, but the thing is still available for tests. So that camera will be cleaned, examined, catalogued, and photographed in situ, when it hits the bench, and as it's disassembled.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Fun photo - 09/27/11 11:37 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Good God, an organized musician!!

Now I really have seen everything...

Bob

which makes me wonder...
are aardvarks organized?
Or are they just anthill retentive?

GROAN-O-METER
0________/_100
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Fun photo - 09/28/11 12:53 AM
In the "Irony can be so ironic" category, here we are having fun on a post, and the product that supports the forums is the main reason I rarely actually play anymore. I don't have to. Those tracks I post the links to.... 98% Real Band. The occasional very specific string or Hammond part I add, but 98% of it is Real Band.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Fun photo - 09/28/11 05:13 AM
Great pic! Made me laugh out loud Eddie.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fun photo - 09/28/11 12:52 PM
Quote:

I also have pictures and serial numbers of all my equipment, as well of its estimated retail value. One copy is in my safe and the other copy is on file with my insurance company. If you have your equipment insured be sure to have a copy of your pictures and data on file with them.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Fun photo - 09/28/11 02:08 PM
Thank God I'm an acoustic guitar player with no PA anymore!
One guitar fits all most of the time.

Great shot, Eddie - good album cover.

Ian
© PG Music Forums