PG Music Home
Posted By: occ Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 06:16 PM
Ray's wife just called me to let me know that Ray is in the Hospital about 30 minutes from his home. She said that he is going to have treatments and that he is on morphine for pain. She said that he might no ever leave the Hospital. Ray wanted me to tell everyone on the forum. Ray has been a blessing to everyone on this forum. Everyone pray for Ray and Paule(his wife). Thanks occ
Posted By: rharv Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 06:30 PM
Thanks occ
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 08:33 PM
Quote:

Ray's wife just called me to let me know that Ray is in the Hospital about 30 minutes from his home. She said that he is going to have treatments and that he is on morphine for pain. She said that he might no ever leave the Hospital. Ray wanted me to tell everyone on the forum. Ray has been a blessing to everyone on this forum. Everyone pray for Ray and Paule(his wife). Thanks occ

Do you know which Hospital? He and I have never met however I don't live far from him.Unless of course the family would prefer no visitors.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 08:52 PM
Thanks OC. My thoughts are with Ray and his family.

John
Posted By: occ Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 09:44 PM
John I don't remember the hospital because when she called, I could hardly hear her. I'll get the number that she called me from. 407-414-7168. occ
Posted By: retake Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 09:48 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I have prayed for him, his wife and for wisdom for the doctors.
Steve
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 10:03 PM
thank you, occ. please keep his many friends on these forums informed. my thoughts are with his wife. is there anything that she needs?
Posted By: multitracker Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 10:34 PM
Thanks occ.

Terry
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 11:15 PM
Thanks OCC.

I'll keep praying.

Gary
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/13/11 11:20 PM
Occ,
thanks for keeping us informed. If you are in contact with the family, please tell them we are all thinking of them and keeping them in our prayers.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 12:24 AM
Ditto on the Thanks OCC.

Later,
Posted By: filkertom Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 01:48 AM
Same here, OCC. Best of thoughts for Ray and his wife.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 01:55 AM
Thanx OCC. I emailed Ray and got no response. Now I know why.
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 03:06 AM
Please send him my family's regards & Best wishes.
We are praying for him & his family.
Tell him I want to play again on his next CD.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 05:37 AM
Thanks OCC,
I too am saddened by the news. Please pass my wishes also onto Ray & his family if you are in contact with them.
Posted By: furry Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 08:36 AM
So sad to read this news. Although I've never met any of the members on here I do get a lump in my throat when I hear news like this. Best wishes from Scotland as well
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/14/11 11:41 PM

Sorry to hear that. All the best to him and his family.
Posted By: gibson Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/15/11 09:54 AM
Best wishes to Ray and his family.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/15/11 12:51 PM
Best thoughts and wishes to Ray and his family.

Peter

Peter Gannon
Posted By: occ Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 04:18 PM
I just heard from Paule(Ray's wife) and she said he passed away last night very peacefully
in his sleep. She is going to get her Brother to get on the PG music forum to read the responses. Paule wanted to say thanks for all your concern.occ
Posted By: DrDan Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 04:27 PM
Very sad to hear. My thoughts and prays to the family. Ray was always a gentleman here in the forum. He will be missed.
Posted By: jford Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 04:34 PM
Ray was a super guy. I will listen to the CD he sent me when I get home from work this evening. Rest In Peace, Ray! My prayers are with your family. Our next collaboration will have to be only in spirit; your influence remains.

Peace...
Posted By: silvertones Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 04:41 PM
So sorry to here this as well. My heart and prayers go out to his wife & family. I know what she's going through all too well right now.
Posted By: rharv Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 05:39 PM
Thanks again occ, very sad to hear, but appreciate you keeping us posted.
Posted By: cchallum Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 05:43 PM
So sad to hear about Ray....my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 06:45 PM
Very sad news indeed as we have lost another forum gentleman, Ray is now home. Our prayers and thoughts are now with his family, may God Bless them all in their time of sorrow.

Later,
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 07:02 PM
God speed, Ray. God speed.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 07:45 PM
I for one will miss Ray very much. I played on a couple of his CDs and although I never met the gentleman I did speak with him a couple of times on the phone.

God bless Ray Thigpen.

PS – OCC would you see that Paule gets a copy of this. Thank you so much.
Posted By: retake Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 08:02 PM
Thanks OCC for keeping us updated. I am sorry for the loss for the family. We also feel a sense of loss. Steve
Posted By: JEP Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 09:10 PM
So sad to hear the news. For what it's worth - my thoughts go to Ray's family.

From the other side of the planet,
Jens
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 09:27 PM
So sad to hear, I never knew Ray but read many of his posts and his tutorial he had done. He was a kind gentleman and will be missed.
GOD bless you Ray

Brian
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/17/11 11:45 PM
We'll miss Ray -- a great loss for the forum.
Posted By: Lawrie Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 12:08 AM
I also did not know Ray well, but have always appreciated and respected what I've seen of his input on this forum.

Vale Ray Thigpen.

My sincere condolences to Ray's family.
Posted By: moohead Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 02:04 AM
I was upset when I heard about this. When I first started with my music here, I talked with Ray about a number of things, and collaborated with him.

Too soon. Too damn soon.

Moo
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 03:19 AM
I'm so sad for Ray's family. I've always said that the measure of my success, in life, would be determined by answering the question..."Is the world a better place because you were here?"

Ray was a very successful man.

Mick
Posted By: Sundance Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 03:23 AM
I also never knew Ray personally but his tutorial was a Godsend to me when I first got RB. He will be missed here. My prayers go out to his family for comfort in their grief.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 04:31 AM
This is indeed very sad news.

I just looked up Ray's entry on the User List. He registered in 2003, and was ranked in the top 30 of forum users by post count.

His contributions will be greatly missed.
Posted By: multitracker Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 05:24 AM
So sad to hear the news. It is obvious that Ray touched most everyone here. I will miss his presence. Thank you occ for keeping us informed.

Terry
Posted By: yjoh Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 09:15 AM
Very sad news. My prayers to Ray's family.

Rest in peace.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 09:50 AM
I had lots of communications with Ray outside of the forum, his advice and guidance was freely given, and his critcism accepted by me with thanks & acted upon.
In Ray's memory, and with respect, I'd like to pass on the below link to Ray performing on YouTube.
It will bring a tear to your eye.

I'll miss you buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y6JcM43FZk
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 11:23 AM
Quote:

I just heard from Paule(Ray's wife) and she said he passed away last night very peacefully
in his sleep. She is going to get her Brother to get on the PG music forum to read the responses. Paule wanted to say thanks for all your concern.occ

Paule, if your brother prints out these messages so you can read them, I want you to know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers for a long time to come. All of us here benefitted enormously from the generosity of your beloved husband. We will miss him as I'm sure everyone who knew him will. Thank you for sharing him with us.
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 11:27 AM
So sorry to hear of Ray's passing. He was a real gentleman. He will be sorely missed around these parts.

Kevin
Posted By: John Conley Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 12:22 PM
Life is fleeting like a wisp of fog on the water.
The morning breeze makes it seem substantial but
soon the rising sun's rays illuminate it and it turns
as all things do, into something elsewhere, no longer seen

We remember it, as we do our departed friends,
hoping to re-unite in spirit, to smile once more.

See ya Ray.
Posted By: filkertom Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 01:41 PM
Oh man. Oh man.

Condolences and hugs and gentle songs to Ray's family and friends, and to all of us here. He was one of the good ones, and we will miss him a lot.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 03:50 PM
Paule,

I considered Ray to be a dear friend and an inspiration to all of us on these forums. His selfless contributions in terms of sharing his knowledge through his fabulous tutorials will continue to live on in the hearts of all of his many, many friends.

Ray said he used my BIAB tune to “clean his ears out” and would put it on REPEAT and just listen. That is the sincerest complement that a fellow musician could possibly hope to receive. Therefore, click this link to listen: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11144065&q=hi and I hope that everybody here that knew Ray will follow suit. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it as much as Ray did, Paule.

I have often considered death to be cruelest to the survivors. Is there anything at all that we, his friends, can do for you, Paule? Collectively, this group can move mountains and has often done so for me. Give us an opportunity to show that “love” is an active verb.

I won’t turn this into a religious topic but, if you want scriptural encouragement, speak to Jehovah’s Witnesses when they next knock at your door. They can ease your mind regarding the condition of our dead loved ones.

Meanwhile, be assured that you are loved by this generous group of Ray’s friends.

Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 04:27 PM
OC,
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation. Would you also please pass my condolences and support to Paule, and let her know that we are here for her.

Ray was about as real as they got, and I will miss him, his humor, and most of all, his joi de vive

See ya at the Bema, buddy!

Gary
Posted By: davemilleruk Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 05:02 PM
So very sad....
Rest Peacefully Ray,
You will be greatly missed here.
Dave.
Posted By: Glenn Kolot Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 05:27 PM
Ray and I were perhaps a bit in the minority here (being piano players); we traded a few songs in midi and wave format a few years ago. He was working on an album of gospel piano solos, and we discussed via e-mail how to get a realistic sound from a digital piano. I offered to render his midis to wave using Pianoteq which he like very much. However his integrity resulted in him using his own DP for everything; his strength of character was always obvious.

He offered up any advice he could to help anyone, and freely took advice from others where appropriate. All in all I'd say a very kind, generous, and gentle man, and I for one will surely miss him.

I believe I have a few of his midis on my HDD - I'll play them for you tonight Ray.

Glenn
Posted By: guitarman Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 07:28 PM
Hi Paule,Alan from the UK here.
I did Ray a message because you all wanted to hear my
English accent.

I must say how very sad it is to hear the news,to say it
comes as a great shock is an understatement.

I had no idea Ray was so ill.

Of course you have my deepest sympathy,I know no words can
make it better,but time is a great healer.

Best wishes to you all at this sad time.

R.I.P Ray,it was a pleasure to have known you.

Alan
Posted By: furry Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 08:50 PM
RIP Ray, I enjoyed your posts and our tunes by email
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 10:41 PM
RIP Ray and may God bless the family.

I didn't know Ray well, but he always came across as a heckuva nice guy. His free tutorials on BIAB and RB are a testament to his giving spirit.

He will be missed.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/18/11 11:12 PM
Rest in peace Ray, safe in the arms of Jesus.

1 Cor. 15;51 ¶ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

See you on the other side, brother.

Don S.
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/21/11 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear about Ray...
I've been out of touch with my wi-fi's weak-a__ signal.

Nuther sattelite falling down this weekend..."Space Coast==Space Junk...

It's the same-o, same-o...

live today as if it was your last...!!

See you soon, Ray..for that grand ol' blue-grass/gospel/blues/jazz-tinged stuff JAMS are made of
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/22/11 12:41 AM
I had the pleasure of assisting Ray on one of his CD's he made for friends and family. The music was all Gospel. Ray loved the Lord and played the Piano in a church band for a while. I know he Blessed many people with his talent and his love of the Music of The Lord.

If you believe the Word of God: To be absent the body is to be present with the Lord. No more suffering for Ray, he is experiencing Joy unspeakable and full of GLORY !

Ray would write Hallelujah in some of his posts here at the forum. He had the Joy of the Lord in his life and ALWAYS encouraged me when I sent him a song I done. He had a great ear and gave it to me straight when my vocal pitch was flat. I admired Ray for many things and will miss him dearly. I also believe we will meet again one day.

Tickle those ivories Ray.

Eddie
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/22/11 12:21 PM
Quote:

1 Cor. 15;51 ¶ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Don S.

Amen. These are words we all need to hear. Thanks Don
Posted By: mark1 Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/25/11 09:52 PM
I never met Ray of course, but I know he'll be one of those I'll be "Shakin' hands in Heaven" with.
Sorry he has left us, and condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: cressjl Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/26/11 01:29 PM
Quote:

Don S.

Ray offered to help me with one of my projects. I became too busy and never got around to completing the project, or getting back to Ray. Oh well, I'll miss you Ray...I'll have to wait until we are reunited, then we can jam!
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Update on Ray Thigpen - 10/26/11 02:21 PM
So ray what's it like being up there with
unlimited polyphony & channels
no longer bound by the 256 bar limit
Having the choirs of angels stand in for the tc helicon
Completely fulfilled wish lists

Thanks for all your help & support when it was our privilege to know you
May the life you've just begun be joyful beyond what you could have imagined
PWP play with passion then if you get tired RIP
© PG Music Forums