PG Music Home
Posted By: Tchairdjian iPhone App - 10/30/11 07:26 PM
Hi Everyone
Just got myself an iPhone finally (4S) and was wondering how anyone here is using the Band-in-a-Box App?
I downloaded it and I am not too impressed so far (maybe missing something?)

A friend of mine also suggested I download iReal B (used to be called iReal Book). To me it sounds like anything iin iReal, we can already do it in BIAB. No?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: iPhone App - 10/30/11 08:36 PM
I like the BIAB Remote app.

iRealB doesn't give you anything you don't have in a BIAB computer, but it's handy to have so many portable songs available so easily.
Posted By: lkmuller Re: iPhone App - 10/31/11 03:36 AM
I have iRealB on my both my iPad and iPhone, and for what I use it for, just to have ton of tunes to improvise over, it's perfect. But for those who are creating or trying to create quality tracks to gig or record with, BIAB is and always has been the ticket, in my opinion.
Posted By: Tchairdjian Re: iPhone App - 11/01/11 06:00 AM
Thank you Matt and Lee... that's what I figured too... Since I don't gig much (and even then I use my laptop) I like the BIAB PC version...particularly, I still like to read the notes while I play -- something that can't be done on the iPhone app... and probably also not in iRealB.... Improvise? What's that, LOL? I'm still a long ways away from improvising... may be in my next life.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: iPhone App - 11/01/11 06:27 AM
iRealB has no melodies, to be legal. You really have to know the tune (or own the fake book to read it) or you can easily get lost in the monotonous backing track.
Posted By: lkmuller Re: iPhone App - 11/01/11 05:13 PM
Quote:

Thank you Matt and Lee... that's what I figured too... Since I don't gig much (and even then I use my laptop) I like the BIAB PC version...particularly, I still like to read the notes while I play -- something that can't be done on the iPhone app... and probably also not in iRealB.... Improvise? What's that, LOL? I'm still a long ways away from improvising... may be in my next life.

C'mon Dick, I've heard you play. You're not as far away as you think. Actually when I heard your track I was pleasantly surprised. Good job. And keep on reading the notes man, it's important too.
© PG Music Forums