PG Music Home
Posted By: Keith from Oz Is this serious? - 11/25/11 03:17 AM
I'm not a guitar player, but I'd guess you could buy as lot of plectrums for $34.95

Posted By: John Conley Re: Is this serious? - 11/25/11 12:08 PM
Wow, local bars here are always cutting up fake id cards. I should give them one of those and ask for the pics and sell them online at 10 for 2 bucks. LOL.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Is this serious? - 11/25/11 12:12 PM
Explanation to the above. This is a college and university town. Multiples, but 2 big ones. So we have 400,000 people and 50,000 transitory students. They come and go every year.

The drinking age is 19. The youngest students, (every one gets a residence room guaranteed for the 1st year), are 17. They make great fake ID's. The bars have machines, scanners, but at the end of the day the crush at 11:30 p.m. makes it hard to grab them all.

So to see 80 a week in the places I installed computerized scanners is nothing. Monday they cut them in 1/2. Hmmm....

Just make sure no proprietary information is on them...!
Posted By: mark1 Re: Is this serious? - 11/25/11 01:05 PM
I do this all the time -with a pair of scissors to cut to my own shape and size.
I smooth the edges by rubbing on a piece of carpet or some other rough material. Also I put a piece of double sided sticky tape on to prevent slipping, or I punch a couple of holes through where I hold it.
Credit cards are also good for scraping clean saucepans etc. -and getting you into serious debt!!!
How are you all -keeping well I hope.

Mark.
Posted By: rharv Re: Is this serious? - 11/25/11 01:37 PM
I'd like one, but the price does seem a little excessive for what it is.

http://www.pickpunch.com/pick-punch1.html $10 less!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Is this serious? - 11/25/11 02:22 PM
Quote:

I'd like one, but the price does seem a little excessive for what it is.

http://www.pickpunch.com/pick-punch1.html $10 less!

Charge it to your credit card Harv.....
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Is this serious? - 11/25/11 02:37 PM
tin snips work even on the most durable and thick plastic... also on thin aluminum or light gauge steel. Just use one "real" pick as a tracing template, then cut to your heart's content. Use emery or sandpaper to smooth the edges.

I like Mark's ideas of using double sided tape and punching holes to make his picks easier to hold onto. I put velcro on my picks, then wear a velcro ring around my thumb. Works, but it looks stupid and feels clumsy. Mark's ideas are both simpler. (Thanks Mark!)
© PG Music Forums