PG Music Home
from the realband upgrade manual

Support for using ASIO with multiple programs at once. Previously, if you were using an ASIO driver
(so that you have low latency), you could only use ASIO with one program at a time. Now you can use
multiple programs at once with ASIO - for example RealBand and Band-in-a-Box at the same time. This
requires using the Steinberg® ASIO Multi-Client Wrapper, which you can download here:
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Hardware/ASIO_multiclient_driver/
To get this function working:
1. install the ASIO Multi-Client-Wrapper
2. Run the ASIO Multi Server, and select your ASIO Driver (e.g. ASIO4ALL). The ASIO Server is
a program located in “C:\Program Files (x86)\vidance\asiomulti\asioserver.exe”
3. Run RealBand, and choose Prefs-Audio-Driver Type ASIO, and then select ASIO Multi-Client
Wrapper” as your ASIO driver.
Note: that you may have to reboot your PC after you have installed any new ASIO Drivers.
The steps above need only be done once. The next time you run RealBand, things will already be setup.
Working great for me. Thanks for posting.

Edit: For anyone trying this be sure and un-tic 'Show warning for untested sound card fomats'. It's in the middle of the screen for selecting your driver, right below the boxes that show inputs and outputs.
Nice one thanks for posting a good alternative to ASIO4ALL
Hi All!

My driver here http://midithru.net/Home/AsioLink allows routing a multiclients ASIO output to your main hosts ASIO inputs.

It can also route ASIO over the network and mix WDM (windows) audio into ASIO inputs or outputs.

Check it out!
JJS
The Steinberg link posted at the top of this conversation is no longer valid. I was unable to discover the correct link.
Mike,

Thank you!
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
The Steinberg link posted at the top of this conversation is no longer valid. I was unable to discover the correct link.

Well, considering that the OP date is 12/02/11, things are likely now outdated, time marches on.
Originally Posted By: JimFogle

Jim try it again, I got to the dl with no prob.
Wyndham
We BETA tested this and found it to be unreliable.Not sure if it was meant for publication.If it works it works.
© PG Music Forums