PG Music Home
Posted By: Glenn Kolot Is This Real? - 02/07/12 12:36 AM
Received the link from someone who said it was Little Richard.

Richard Wayne Penniman (aka Little Richard) about fifteen years before "Tutti Frutti, Oh, Rudy...."
A-whop bop-a-lu bop a-whop bam boom.

Here is some very rare footage of "Little Richard" as a child, when he was just starting out in the music biz' ... from a movie with Van Johnson ...

http://www.wimp.com/oldschool

Glenn
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 12:46 AM
I'd say that probably is Lil' Richard as a chile'.

Very cool clip indeed.
Posted By: carkins Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 01:32 AM
Sorry but not Little Richard.

According to the Wiki for the film listed below it it's a child prodigy named Frank Isaac Robinson (born 28 December 1938),[1] known in his early career as a musician as Sugar Chile Robinson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Chile_Robinson

Still, an amazing video.
Thanks for sharing.
Carkins
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 01:42 AM
Carkins,

I didn't bother checking the Wiki link, but at least I got the "chile" part right. (Sugar Chile Robinson).

One thing's for sure, ...... one cool kid!
Posted By: Mac Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 02:12 AM
Yes, that is Frank SugarChile Robinson.

--Mac
Posted By: John Conley Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 04:00 AM
I never knew him. Still don't. Doesn't mean it's not cool. He is however little.

But Glen asked a question. I think it must be real. In that sense.
Posted By: Glenn Kolot Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 05:25 AM
I guess my real question was, "is this Little Richard"? I watched the clip carefully, and the kid was hitting the right keys at the right time, so it was either real or Hollywood did a fantastic job of syncing. I concluded the playing was real.

The answer to who was playing was provided by Carkin's link. The kid was for real, but it is not Little Richard.

Glenn
Posted By: Mac Re: Is This Real? - 02/07/12 03:36 PM
It is a good example of the old "black key pianist" style that I've talked about from time to time.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums